Adding to my Panrty


I had a great week shopping. First up was Stop & Shop. The ice creams were 2 for $4, pasta was 77¢ each, soda was 87¢ each, cherries were $1.67 a pound (5 pound max), chicken breasts were bogo, candy was free and the fries were $3.49. Ibotta was doing a french fry special so they were almost free.
You Earned $3.24 at Stop & Shop
ANY ITEM$0.25
ORE-IDA® FRIES$2.99
Horizontal Rule
TOTAL$3.24
I had gotten coupons from a friend so I used them too. I used $5 off $25, $2 off $5 meat and free waffles.We don't eat these kind of waffles so I gave them to my friend that gave me the coupons. My total at Stop & Shop was $23.54. I also got $3.24 from Ibotta but I don't count that money until I cash out. 


Next up was ShopRite. For whatever reason I was able to get a different size bag of fries there as well from Ibotta.


The PB was $1.99 each, Poptarts were $1.77 each, fries were $3, diced tomatoes were $1 each and plum tomatoes were $1.33. Total at ShopRite was $15.62. I got $11.20 from Ibotta. I got the tomatoes because it would give me $5 in July Boost. 
You Earned $11.20 at ShopRite
TUTTOROSSO® TOMATO PRODUCTS$0.75
TUTTOROSSO® TOMATO PRODUCTS$0.75
POP-TARTS®$1.00
ORE-IDA® FRIES$3.70
JULY BOOST #2$3.00
JULY BOOST #1$2.00
Horizontal Rule
TOTAL$11.20


i

Hubby and I also went to the Farmers Market. The food can be more expensive but we feel it is worth it. It is grown in NY and is delicious. The pickles were $6. Everything else was $8. We also got an amazing loaf of bread that was $6.50. Total at Farmers Market was $20.50.





I did a run to BJ's also. Oil was $18.49, chips were $9.29, milk was $2.19 each, lemon juice was $5.49 for the 2 pack, Devil Dogs were $5.29 and the chicken was $4.99. The total was 48.36. I got 25¢ from Ibotta. I don't need the oil or chips but I know I have extra money to spend on groceries and I am trying to up my food storage to 6 months. Those are 2 items I DO NOT want to be without.  






My grocery total for the week was $108.02. I will be getting $14.69 from Ibotta. 

I also added canning jars to my pantry this week. I was driving home and saw a large pile in front of a house. I turned around and went back. 2 elderly people were bringing more items out. I asked if it was garbage and they said yes, to take whatever I wanted. They had 3 cases of canning jars, full of food. They didn't remember when it was canned. I brought it all home and dumped the food (such a waste) since I wasn't taking any chances. They are in great shape. 2 cases are wide mouth quarts and 1 is pints. One case was in my car still when I took the picture because it was raining. 


What did you add to your pantry this week? 




Comments

  1. I'm super jealous of your curbside find, wow! (And I share your sadness about the wasted food.) How cool that you were able to save all those jars, they get expensive to buy new. I always keep an eye out on what people are throwing away and have scored some great finds in the past, but nothing lately.

    This week's grocery shop was mainly fresh items for me. I'm trying to rotate some of the food in my house and am thus attempting to eat down our stash. I have quite a decent sized pantry (I use that term loosely, as the majority of it is stored on shelves in the kitchen and not an actual pantry), so it'll take a bit, but I'm determined! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of mine is in our cellar. I would love a real pantry but for now I have to be happy with what I have.

      Delete
  2. Wow great savings on those jars. I am trying to eat down my pantry. right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with that. I am currently trying to eat out of one section of our upstairs freezer. I have been rotating items to make sure we eat the older items first.

      Delete
  3. You got some great deals. I might have an obsession for canning jars! I use them for storing everything in the cupboards and in the fridge. A pork chop doesn't get wasted if it's in a glass jar instead of plastic storage. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true about putting leftovers in glass jars. You know what is in them. I love jars (Hubby says too much). Whenever I come across a different kind of jar I keep it. Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. Hi Mcoia my pantry additions were mainly from the gardens.

    We added -
    - Some French and English lavender we dried and some more that we picked.
    - A huge lot of thyme which we will separate today that is all pre-ordered and sold on the internet.
    - A bunch of silver beet and a few turnips.

    Apart from that we are staying away from the grocery stores and waiting for our grocery e-vouchers in around August /September to get 15 % off all of our groceries.

    We did however find a huge sale on winter clothing and stocked ourselves up for a few years as DH has lost a huge amount of weight this year and I have gained it (much needed) and saved 73.31% on usual prices.

    Sewingcreations15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great on the clothes. Our pantries are so much more then food.

      Delete
  5. Great find on the jars. At first I thought you bought Hershey's Gold ice cream. I was getting excited. I love that candy but cannot buy it. I would buy it every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a great ice cream flavor. The candy was free. I will happily eat it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog