Friday Freebies



My kids are in Italy with my sister on a free to us trip. We should all be so lucky to have an Aunt that likes to take you with her while traveling. 


I picked up free ice cream from Stop & Shop this week. I have never had this brand before but free is for me. If I don't like it I will put some toppings on it and take one for the team. The sacrifices I am willing to make to prevent food waste. You should all follow my example. 


I got 2 bags of pet food from Petco. I used my card and my sister's card to get them. Thank you to The Jewish Lady blog for posting it. I saw it on her blog and ran and got them. They were $22.99 a bag. I did have to pay tax (thanks NY). They are 4 pounds each, so they will be great for when we travel.


I signed up for the summer reading club at my library. They gave out reusable shopping bags. I also picked up 3 books and 6 DVDs for Hubby and me. 


Hubby returned something that he didn't need to Harbor Freight and bought another tool. He got this brush set free with a coupon. We always grab a freebie from HF. I make raffle baskets for my church often and these are great fillers for baskets. 


We got 2 magazines this week from air miles. Trucks for Hubby and cooking for me. We do pass on the magazines when we are done to friends and family. They are still in good condition so why not share. I purposely didn't pick magazines that my parents or sisters get so we could swap. 


I went to my friend's house the other day. We didn't want to do anything other then hang out and talk. She did make a crumb cake that was delicious. She sent me home with some. Free cake and spending time with a wonderful friend. I call that a win. We also had friends over for a fire pit. They brought 2 pints of ice cream. I didn't take a picture but the ice cream was great. 


I picked more free veggies from my garden. Above is 2 heads of lettuce. I grow a lot so I try to eat it often before it goes to seed. I also picked peas, peppers, thyme, and parsley. 


Our neighbor is still cleaning out his garage.


 Since they will be spending their winters in sunny Florida, I guess they don't need a snow shovel. And since they got a condo they don't need a regular one either. 


He also gave us this awesome machete. That was my favorite. I can use it to hack through the weeds in the garden.The other item is some sort of pump Hubby said. I'm sure he will show me how to use it. 


I garbage picked again. Hubby and I were going for a walk and someone was throwing this clothes rack away. There is nothing wrong with it. It collapses down too so it is great for storing. This will be great for the winter when I can't use my clothes line outside. 

What freebies did you get this week? What did you get from your garden? 






Comments

  1. Hi Mcoia and you did well on your freebies this week, the clothes rack looks near new :).

    We got just over 1.2 kg of cherry tomatoes, 500 g of carrots and 1.2 kg of beetroot from the gardens.

    In the grocery store we received 5 free reusable bags as we are transitioning to plastic bag free in the grocery stores here in our State.

    Have a great week everyone :).

    Sewingcreations15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great that you were given 5 reusable bags for free. I have been using them for years. Just this year our county started charging 5¢ a plastic bag if you use them. I still see so many people filling their carts up with them.

      The clothes rack is in perfect condition. Who knows why they were getting rid of it. They did have a pile of stuff with it so I assume they were cleaning out their house.

      Your garden just keeps on giving. Mine is starting to really produce. I love this time of year when I can shop from my garden.

      Delete
  2. Ooh! I have one of those clothes racks (it's in use now, actually!) and it's great! I've used it both indoors and outdoors. If it's really windy, it does tip over, but so far it hasn't been a big deal. I have another wooden one, and together, they dry my clothes well. Except for today, when it started raining a bit when I went to drop my son off at lessons. Eek! No big deal, though, I moved it to the garage, and the clothes only had a few drips on them. :)

    You had a great week for freebies! Curbside shopping is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It already tipped over when I was using it. I have a good one but that was it so I hang shirts on hangers from the rod in the bathroom. I have had it rain on my clothes. I usually wash everything in the morning and hang it up before work. The kids don't always pay attention or they are out so it has gotten rained on. It dries eventually.
      I did more curbside shopping today.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog