Friday Freebies


There is an empty lot a block from my house that has raspberries growing on it. I go every year and pick some. A few other people also go and pick so I have to be paying attention to when they get ripe. Well, this week they are turning ripe. I have gone twice so far and gotten a half a pound each time. They are really small this year but they taste wonderful. I never get enough to do anything with them besides eat them fresh. That is OK. They  are free. 


I bartered some veggies from my garden for 2 jars of honey. My friend and I do it every year. I am hoping to be able to barter for more as the summer goes on. It is local honey and it is divine!


Hubby and I went to a farmer's market while the kids were away. We were talking to one of the farmers and he gave us a free ear of corn. It is a different variety then what we usually eat. He said to try it and let him know what we think. It was great. It was sweater and white. I would buy it in the future. 


I found a $20 bill under a bush in a parking lot. It made my day. I also have found$1.17 in change through out the week. 


I was driving home and saw a pile of stuff that an elderly couple was putting out. I saw Ball jar boxes and asked if I could take them. They said yes. Unfortunately they were full of old food that I ended up dumping. I ran them all through the dishwasher and they are in great condition. 


The kids are back from Italy and they brought presents. I was given a beautiful tablecloth from Burano. Hubby was given 2 bottles of wine. 


We were also given some other goodies from Italy. 


Ibotta was doing some great rebates. I ended up getting $14.69 back. I ended up getting 2 packs of fries, 3 packs of Poptarts, 3 cans of tomatoes all for free. 


A friend gave me coupons for Stop & Shop. One was for waffles. We don't  eat these so I picked them up and gave them to her. I did enter them into my Kellogg's account. With the waffles and the 3 poptarts, I earned 4 free books. I just have to pick them out. 


I have been getting lots of lettuce and peppers from the garden. The peas are still coming in just slowly with the heat. Basil, dill, parsley and thyme are doing great. I collected kale seeds to us to use next year. 

Did you get any freebies this week? 



Comments

  1. Nice bartering with the veggies and honey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got the better deal but she doesn't have a garden so she loves the fresh veggies.

      Delete
  2. What a great week, and oh my goodness, that tablecloth is absolutely gorgeous! Your kids really picked out a great gift. :) We got raspberries at the store today, but they were 99 cents for a tiny container (that's the lowest I see them around here, and they only go that low once or twice a year, so we grab them then as a special treat). How wonderful that they grow so well near you, and for free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tablecloth is gorgeous and useful. My favorite kind of gift.

      Delete
  3. Hi Mcoia and the tablecloth is gorgeous and the free pantry items will all help to stock your pantry :).

    This week our freebies were mainly picked from the gardens -
    - 1.2 kg of cherry tomatoes and 200 g of money maker tomatoes.
    - a bunch of silver beet we sold to a friend for $3.
    - Separated out 392 g of dried thyme picked from the gardens and then sold 350 g in my internet
    shop making $42 odd dollars profit from.
    - Separated out 24 g of French lavender and 37 g of English lavender and put them for sale in my internet shop.
    - Picked more French and English lavender that we hung to dry for more stocks.

    Have a great week :).

    Sewingcreations15.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog