Friday Freebies


We got a great freebie this week. It is one of the best we have ever gotten. Hubby's boss gave us a generator! We have been wanting one since Super Storm Sandy but just haven't gotten to it. There was always something that was needed more. His boss got a new bigger generator and offered his older one to us FREE of charge. He even dropped it off at our house. We are so grateful for it. Now I don't have to worry about all of the storms that are coming this week. Hubby went and got gas for it right away since we have several snow storms headed our way.


My sister sent a GF food box to youngest daughter. It was very sweet of her. The only problem was everything wasn't GF. My sister was P*****! She called the company.  How can you claim to do GF and then send a kid items that have wheat in them? My son was happy to eat them. 


My son keeps bringing home lots of free carbs. Egg sandwiches on sour dough bread are amazing. 


We have also been getting my free bagel everyday. 


Staples sent me a coupon for $10 off any $10 purchase. I got soap. It cost me 30¢ so it was almost free. 


We received some magazines in the mail. We get them free with airline miles. 


I signed up for the winter reading program at the library. They gave me a puzzle book that I am going to pass along to my dad. 


I also rented some DVDs and books. 


I finished the gift card that I was given at Christmas to Shop Rite. I also bought some Christmas clearance items that aren't in the picture because they will be presents. 


I cashed out a $10 Home Depot gift card from Lucky Day.


A friend was getting rid of this small waffle machine. I was happy to take it. My waffle machine is old and has been dropped many times. It is on our list to replace it. This will be useful to have even if it is smaller. 


My friend and I went to see the movie Second Act with Jennifer Lopez. We used some of my old work passes.We brought water and snacks with us. 

What freebies did you get this week? 













Comments

  1. WOW - a free generator. What a wonderful gift!!! That is the ultimate freebie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone gifted us one a few years ago (they moved to a house with a built in) and we have used it countless times! So nice!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a really nice week, what great freebies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, what a great week! The generator is amazing and will hopefully save you some hassles in the future. I love that your library has a *winter* reading program. Ours has a big summer one, but no winter one, what a great idea!

    Speaking of waffle irons, I learned of a new cookbook this week, called Will It Waffle? My library has it (someone mentioned it online today and I looked it up), and it has 53 recipes of all sorts of different things you can cook on a waffle iron! I'm planning on grabbing it the next time I'm at the library, because I'm all for learning new ways to use my appliances. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to see if my library has that book. I love trying new things. We get very stuck sometimes and think things are only good for one purpose. My bread machine makes great jam and I know people that make cheesecake in their crock pots. My library does a big summer reading program too.

      Delete
  4. We use our waffle iron as a "panini press". Works great with a thin layer of butter to make sure the bread doesn't stick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A few years ago, we were also given a free generator. What a great gift! Snow storms are quite rare here, but we do have them occasionally, and we used to lose power at our old house every so often. When we moved in 2 years ago, Rob had this house wired for the generator, but we haven't had to use it yet. (Knock on wood!). That's a great gift!

    Today, some of my husband's family came over. One of his sisters brought a huge bowl of avocados, of all things. I guess her neighbor works in an avocado factory. I've never heard of any of those around here, but I guess he sorts them, and they throw out a lot of "duds." So, Rob's sister gets a lot from the neighbor, and shared. I love avocados.

    I didn't buy many groceries this week--just 3 things from Costco, and forgot to download my Friday Freebie, assuming there was one, as I didn't even check:( We've been pretty busy this week, and I guess that saved money in it's own way. We had a big fancy dinner for the teenagers at church last Saturday, a meal for the college-agers Tuesday night, a family gathering for Rob's family today, and a family birthday party for my side of the family tomorrow. I feel really happy that I was able to use so many pantry items to make the things I needed to provide in each case. (Of course, I did none of those meals single-handedly!). I will be getting milk and a few items tomorrow, and my aunt is picking up 99c eggs for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you never need the generator but it is great to have it. My youngest loves avocados. I got them on sale last week for 79¢ each and was very happy with that. She loves them with an egg sandwich. I saw all of your pictures of the teens. They looked great. Glad you are able to use so much from your pantry. That is why we have it. Enjoy the group birthday party. I'm glad Jake is feeling better.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog