Friday Freebies


My parents came to visit over the weekend. My mom had gotten this blender on clearance with a coupon for free. She asked me if I wanted it. I took it for me or one of the kids. Never bad to have a backup. 

My mom made oatmeal cookies for my son and chocolate chip cookies for me. We enjoyed them. 


She found these napkins clearance for 10¢ each. They don't have a year on them so they will be great for YD's graduation this year. She wouldn't take the 40¢ for them. Thanks Mom.


She also gave me 2 jars that I will be able to use for homemade jam this summer.


My little sister and mom gave me their dog food coupons. Oreo is very grateful. Now I just have to get to the store and get them. 


My little sister sent YD face masks that she got 90% off. Aunts are the best.


I got free coffee in the mail with a coupon. My son liked them. Thankfully he isn't very picky about his coffee. 


A magazine for Hubby came in the mail. We will pass it on when he is done with it. 


CVS had vitamins on sale BOGO. I then used coupons with them. One was free. 


I picked Lip up from my sister. She sent some goodies home with me. 


She sent some free samples and serum home that she won't use. 

Spring registration was this week for the library. I got into 8 free classes. I did registration at home in my PJs. Love my library!


I had my Aunt over for lunch. Now that I am not working, I have more time to have people over. It has been really nice. It is also cheaper to have people here then to go out to eat. She brought a huge fruit tray even though it was just her and me. She said she knew my kids like fruit. 


She also made me presents. In January she asked me what my 2 favorite colors were. I said purple and blue. She made me a beautiful blanket. She gave it to me in the cute butterfly bag. She had enough yarn leftover that she made me a scarf. She said it was for giving her all of the yarn. She wants to make YD a blanket for her dorm room. I dug through my yarn and sent her home with more so that she can make it without having to buy anything. YD is going to love it. 


The local bagel shop has coupons in the local paper. Last week there was a coupon for a free buttered bagel. There was a second one for a free fountain drink. One coupon per person per day. I got the free bagel and gave the gentlemen in front of me the coupon for the free drink. He was very grateful.  I wasn't going to run in for a free soda so I figured I would pass on the coupon. 


The yogurts were a money maker. They were on sale at Target for $1.59. I printed 2 $1 off coupons. Ibotta had 75¢ rebates (up to 5) so I made money on them. 


When I was driving home I saw a large pile of stuff in front of someone's house. I pulled over to look.There was this pretty plant holder. That was all I took. 

Did you get any freebies this week? Do you look at other people's garbage? 






Comments

  1. Wow you did great and I love the plant holder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love it too. Now I need to figure out what I am going to plant in it.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you had a great week of freebies. I love that. I get some medicine free and also a package of seed for change quinoa and rice for free, so I was happy. Nice fruit tray that your aunt brought over. That was sweet of her to think of you and your children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did really well for the week Mcoia and the blanket is such a beautiful gift.

    For free last week we got -

    - A sugar baby watermelon and 2 rockmelons from our next door neighbour who grows them in her garden as a thank you for helping her with some online job paperwork and a medical issue she had. She speaks and understands little English so it is hard for her to understand the paperwork but we are only too happy to help without her kind gifts.

    Near free or low cost we got -

    - A near new complete EasiYo yoghurt maker for $1, 2 gardening books for 50c ea and 2 music cd's for 50c from our favourite op shop saving around $100 over buying them new. We can now have one lot of homemade yoghurt made and another batch going for a continuous supply.

    If you would like the homemade yoghurt recipe I would be happy to pass it on as we originally used shop purchased yoghurt for the starter but for future batches we will just use some of the homemade yoghurt.

    Sewingcreations15 (Lorna).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was very nice of you to help your neighbors. My in laws speak English as a second language so I understand. My husband and his siblings help my in laws with that stuff too. That was great that she gifted fruit. I'm sure it tastes wonderful. You got some great finds at the op shop. I would love the recipe when you get a chance. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
    2. Hi Mcoia and thank you for your encouragement :).

      I found the recipe through this website from Kath Armstrong's Debt free cashed up and laughing website and there are lots of other MOO recipes on there too or make your own.

      Here is the link - https://www.debtfreecashedupandlaughing.com.au/2015/01/mooing-yoghurt.html .

      This is really yummy and easy to make and we make it with instant powdered milk and for us here it is far cheaper than buying it in the shops.

      Enjoy.

      Sewingcreations15 (Lorna)

      Delete
  4. I guess some weeks just blow me away, where others are ordinary. This week was so surprising and amazing! The first thing that happened was that someone gave us 6 packages of Bob's Red Mill gluten-free items, including a 4-lb bag of One-to-One flour. There is probably at least $40 worth of food in there. I'm so grateful.

    A friend gave my husband some money to go do something fun with me. It was completely unexpected, and again, we are so grateful.

    Another friend informed my husband that we would be getting 1/2 of a pig he raised, as a gift. Again, we said thank you.

    From the stores, I received a can of southwestern pinto beans, a candy bar and a container of oat milk.

    We ate 2 meals of my sister's leftovers with them this week, and my aunt gave us some produce that she could not use before it went bad.

    I don't know why we were so blessed by friends this week, all in the same week, but I'm not complaining. We never cease to be reminded of God's goodness towards us, and that he uses people to be his hands and feet. I have a tendency to have an easier time giving to others than being the receiver, so I'm trying to learn to not rob others of their blessing by protesting too much, or not receiving their gift. Instead, I am purposefully working on letting them know how very grateful we are, and how much we can use these things. The truth is, we can use them, and I'm very thankful to have them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy for you Becky and you are so right we are blessed by others through God's hands. Like you we are better at giving rather than receiving as well, and it is hard for me as well, but also we are very grateful too.

      Have a great week :).

      Sewingcreations15 (Lorna).

      Delete
    2. Wow you got some amazing gifts. I understand how it is easier to give then receive but it is good to receive also. You have amazing friends which shows that you are one too. I can't wait to hear what you use the money for. Have fun and enjoy the 1/2 pig.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog