Friday Freebies

We have been cleaning our basement out the past few months. It is an unfinished cellar and part crawl space. We do not have a garage. Hubby wanted it cleaned out so he could have more room for projects. He made a list of items/tools he would like to get over the next few years. I love looking at Craigslist and Nextdoor at their free sections. A man posted an old band saw. He had taken it apart to replace a part and he never got it working again. I quickly called Hubby to see if he wanted it. He did. We picked it up after work that night and my son helped him get it in the basement when he got off of work. Hubby had it up and running perfectly in a few hours. It is very helpful to have a handy hubby and YouTube. 1 item off the list for free. 


My son keeps us well supplied with bread . We used the bread for pizza, egg salad and chicken salad sandwiches, french toast casserole and sausage and peppers. We gave several loaves away and several are still in the freezer. 


He also brought home pastries and cookies. We shared them too. I was talking to an old coworker and she said she misses all of the cookies and pastries I used to bring to work. 


I had gotten a coupon for free lotion and so did my sister. I picked them both up. My son and I both have Eczema and will use them next winter when it gets bad.

My mom and younger sister gave me their dog food coupons. I went for the larger bags again. I waited for them to go on sale. One had a digital coupon so that was free. The other one I paid $1 for. 


Did you hear about the recall for Pillsbury flour. I dumped my bin because I wasn't sure what was in there. I am not taking a chance getting my family sick. They sent me 2 coupons. 


I got a $5 off any $5 clothes purchase from Kmart. I got a shirt on sale so I only paid 85¢.


A free magazine came in the mail. 


Hubby wanted to see this show. We won't pay for it so I requested it from the library.They borrowed it from another library so I only have it for a week. We have been watching it all week. We may have to binge watch it this weekend to finish it up. 


My sister came over to pick up Lip and take us out to eat for my son's birthday. She brought me a little St Patrick's Day present. 


She brought the birthday boy some blackberries.


The dinner out was very fancy. It was delicious. I got a chocolate cake with a marshmallow center for dessert. It was so good. I wanted to lick the plate but I controlled myself. 


My favorite freebie this week was 40 raspberry canes that we got from Craigslist. It is amazing what people give away. Hubby and my son planted them all for me. They are hoping for some raspberry jam soon. 


Did you get any freebies this week? Do you look at Craigslist for free items? 





Comments

  1. You did fantastic again. What a win on that saw. Huge savings.
    I want to adopt your son!!!! LOL
    You always do so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, he is mine. If you lived close, I would give you some bread and pastries.

      Delete
  2. thank you so much for the mention of the dog food coupon! In addition to having three small dogs we also try to support our local no-kill shelter. If we can't use it we will donate it. I bought some special urinary food for my cat but it turns out that he really needs the very special (i.e. vet food). He really is at the end of his life and I am trying to make him as comfortable as possible. He is 16 and was a rescue from a shelter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry about your cat. If he needs special food at this point then it is worth the expense. They are a part of the family. I hope your dogs like the food. I get free cat items and either give them to friends with cats or donate them. Oreo eats anything.

      Delete
    2. I buy my cats limited ingredient cat food which is more expensive also but worth it. My one cat used to constantly vomit his food up, sensitive tummy no matter what brand I tried. Limited ingredient cat kibble has really helped. You might shop around for your kibble, pet centers or online might have the kibble needed for less. I was suprised to see my local pet center had quality brands I had never heard of.

      Delete
  3. You got some amazing freebies - as you always seem to do! But, my absolute favorite this week is the raspberries! If only someone in my area was doing that! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you will get lucky and find some. Watch Craigslist. I check it several times a day.

      Delete
  4. I would have jumped on those berry canes too. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog