Free Dill


This morning I went out to my garden to weed. Hubby is going to till it this week and I try to get the big weeds ahead of time. I noticed that not everything was weeds. Mixed in were tons of baby dill plants. I always plant my dill in pots so I am assuming either the soil from the pot got dumped into the compost bin and ended up here or birds and bunnies moved the seeds for me. Either way I was happy to have them. I dug up a bunch of babies and put them into pots. 


I ended up doing 3 pots. All of my pots are either hand me downs, garbage picked or yard sales. I have several dozen and use them all. 


I had so many baby plants left that I put them into seed containers. I texted several friends to see if anyone wanted them. One friend said she would take some. The rest are going to go to work with Hubby. I know his coworkers will take them. 


I love that I can grow stuff even when I'm not trying. Plants that reseed are amazing. I really need to get out into the big garden and thin out the kale some more. 



Comments

  1. That is a lot of dill. I grew potatoes in the compost. I am going to germinate dill. I never use dill, but, it is pretty. Most of my pots come from yard sales or the side of the road. They are the best kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I use my dill in my pickles. I make a lot. We are on the last jar.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog