Friday Freebies September 20, 2019

Some weeks you get a few small freebies like last week. I am happy with all of the free items I get. However the big freebies are amazing. This week we had 2. 

Youngest Daughter was awarded a scholarship for this semester of college. She applied for it the first week of school and we were just notified. She was awarded $1,775. We are so proud of her. She would have to work a lot of hours at her job to make that kind of money. She spent less then an hour filling out a few scholarships back in August and it paid off for her. Since we already paid her tuition in full we can either leave it in her account for the spring or get a refund. We are opting for the refund. 


Hubby's company had their annual free company picnic. They had a bounce house, sand art, crafts for the little kids, cotton candy machine, pinatas, and lots of food. They also do several raffles. Hubby won a $250 gift card. We also came home with a bunch of food, snacks and drinks.


I shared some of the food with P (the gentlemen I help). He loves watermelon and corn on the cob. He paid for lunch out twice this week. I brought home my leftovers. He also was going to throw away a banana that was spotted. I took it home and put it in the freezer. 


 I got these 2 face masks in the mail. They will be Christmas presents. 


The garden is still giving us wonderful fruits and veggies. 


I have been collecting seeds to use next year. I use envelopes that come with junk mail. 


I got $10 to Bob's. I always find something to get. It is usually socks but we can always use them. 



Did you get any freebies this week? 

Comments

  1. Those are definitely good freebies. Congratulations to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for you and your daughter. That is huge. What a wonderful and I am sure deserved scholarship! WOOHOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your daughter on her scholarship!
    If she has a Roth IRA account, perhaps she could put it towards the annual contribution. 😊

    Your harvest looks so wonderful. There’s nothing like home grown tomatoes!
    I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You are right about home grown tomatoes. I will miss them this winter. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  4. The big "freebies" are fabulous. I know everyone is thrilled with the scholarship and you are right about the number of hours she would have to work to make that money.
    Home grown tomatoes are always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the fantastic scholarship. I always say, you NEVER get what you don't ask for :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS on the scholarships!!!!! All three of my sons finished school debt free by using scholarships and working. Your daughter is wise to spend the time searching for the money (of course she is money savvy. You taught her!).

    My free items haven't been impressive this week, haven't gone anywhere. However, today my husband and I went to an open house close by (we had no intention of buying it, but were just browsing). The realtor was giving away free candy and my husband got one chocolate bar and I got two. There is nothing like looking at a new house to get you in the mood to clean and paint. Could I count getting "motivated" as a freebie? Guess that would be stretching the rules.

    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There is so much free money out there you just have to look. Free chocolate is great. Good luck on the cleaning and painting. I was cleaning lots yesterday.

      Delete
    2. Correction: I never said I was really going to clean and paint. I just said I was motivated.

      Delete
  7. Wow, those are amazing freebies! Congratulations to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog