Adding to my Pantry: November 17, 2019


I have been cooking up our pumpkins. I have 7 containers in the freezer and a bunch more pumpkins to still cook. 


I bought several packages of marked down peppers. I chopped them up and froze them to use over the winter when pepper prices go up. 


Chicken cutlets were on sale for $1.99. I bought several packs and broke them up into meal size baggies. 


I bought a container of dried milk at Walmart. I like to always have a container on hand. With all of the holiday baking coming up now was a good time to get it. 


Brownie mixes were on sale for 77¢ each with a limit of 8. 


Cold medicine for less then a $1 is a great price. That went into my medical supplies. 


Barley and lentils were on sale again. We will always use them in soups. 


Goya dry peas were on sale for $1 each. 


Soups were on sale for 88¢ if you bought 10. I had $1 off 5 so they were even less. I like to keep them on hand for when we get sick or easy meals. 


More hot sausages got added to the freezer. They will go good with the peppers. 


The cranberries were 2 for $3. I am hoping to get more as we really like them. 


Frostings were on sale 4 for $5. 


Some free coffee and tea packets were also added from when we went to visit YD. 

My herbs are still doing well. They are in pots throughout the house. I have dried more parsley and thyme. 

We have been eating out of the freezers a lot lately. I am trying to make room for the turkeys that are on sale this week. We have been using up the old stuff to make room for the new. What have you added to your pantry recently? 












Comments

  1. You did super well building your pantry with such low costs Marybeth :).

    We were able to pick up 20 % or more off items with supermarket vouchers and stocked up on a carton of 8 of long life vegetables and meat for just over half price. Our fortnightly grocery shop we got another 15% off with combining supermarket discount codes gift card discounts too.

    All in all a good fortnight and we will be going in to pick up our click and collect grocery order tomorrow and will see if we can find any other really good discounts on items we need.

    Sewingcreations15 (Lorna).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope all is well. I have been hearing/seeing the fires by you and hope you are far from them. You always do so well stocking your pantry. Be safe.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you really did stock up well. Lot's of good sales and deals. Those were some fantastic finds. You and your family will be glad this winter. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to know that if a winter storm is going to hit, I don't need anything from the store. We can just start drinking hot chocolate.

      Delete
  3. You got some really good bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pumpkin is so beautiful! And so are the orange peppers. You were able to get several good deals. We stocked up on cake mixes, corn, and soup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You find the best bargains ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great prices on your purchases.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog