Adding to my Pantry

Ibotta put the Oreo rebate back in my offers, so I ran while they were still on sale. They were on sale for $1.99 a pack. I will get $3 back for buying 3. That makes them 99¢ a piece. Both chocolates were clearance and so was the hot sauce. The bananas were 35¢ and I had a 25¢ rebate. The tomato was 78¢ and I had a 25¢ rebate. The chips were on sale 2 for $4. I also got a 25¢ rebate for any item. 


Total at Stop & Shop was $14.69. I will get $3.75 back from Ibotta. 


I did a trip to BJ's. Sorry I forgot to take a picture. I got a 2 pack of soy milk, a 3 pack of bacon, cheddar cheese, potatoes, whipped cream, chocolate syrup and milk. My total was $41.63


My son brought home lots of goodies. 



I was given some gifts that are pantry items.



I made more taco seasoning with items I had in my pantry.


The kale is going crazy. I have picked a bunch more. Every other day I seem to be picking more. I have about 8 baggies in my freezer now. 


My total spending for the week was $56.32.  I was busy in the garden so I didn't stop to look at specials most of the week. The pantry is full and so are my freezers. 

What did you add to your pantry this week? Did you get any free food? What are you eating from your garden? 




Comments

  1. You had another good week of adding bargains to your pantry and as you have lots of kale we seem to be matching you in silver beet growing here too :).

    We picked and processed from the gardens -

    - Picked large bunches of lavender blossoms, rosemary and sage from the gardens which we ill dry and keep some for ourselves for home use and to sell on the internet.
    - 5 bunches of silver beet which we blanched and froze to make 5 more meals for the 2 of us in the freezer.
    - From dried garlic cloves from the garden we made 4.5lts of minced garlic in olive oil which we put in the freezer for future use.

    We spent $26 this week on items that were on our 2 monthly shopping list being the toilet paper and olive oil used to process our garlic with.

    On special I purchased -

    - 2 x 36pk of 3 ply toilet paper which will bring our stocks up to just above our usual levels.

    Not many other specials to be had at the moment but we keep an eye out once a week when the sales start on Wednesdays of each week. I did find a bulk Asian grocery store online that is cheaper on a lot of our bulk pantry items instead of buying at the local supermarkets so I will probably put in an order soon there for needed items.

    I am always scouring the internet since our last restaurant supplies bulk pantry item business we dealt through went out of business recently :( .

    Sewingcreations15

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free fresh greens are always wonderful. I can't wait for the lettuce to be ready. I love to eat salad when it is hot out. I need to get toilet paper too. I haven't found any good sales recently. I may end up buying it at BJs as that is the cheapest around. Have a good week. i hope you find great deals and add lots to your pantry.

      Delete
    2. We've not been finding great deals on TP either but before Christmas we did pick up 3 x 24pks for $2.01 less per pack than we usually do so we bought a few.

      I think that is why having a pantry stocking budget or always running your budget in credit is important so you can take advantage of any fantastic specials when you see them and stock up.

      Sewingcreations15.

      Delete
  2. Only saving this week was buying 4 chicken drumsticks, $3/kg (this is a special in Australia), placed in slow cooker cover with water and added veg on hand, chopped sweet potato, grated carrot, chopped cabbage and cooked for 8 hours. I added a cup of porridge oats towards end. Removed bones. Resulting in 8 meals for the dog (small). This is alternated as chicken and veg, tuna , chicken leg and mince (we kill our own cattle). The dog is nearly 14, missing a few teeth but very healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make our dog her food too. She is 12 and very healthy.

      Delete
  3. We are still in the planting stages of our garden although I did eat 2 asparagus spears fresh from the garden the other day. I did manage to find some great deals at the Goodwill on DVD sets this week and will be sharing those in my Frugal Friday Wrap Up post in a few days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are trying to plant here but it wont stop raining. They are saying it is going to rain through Tuesday. I look forward to your post.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog