Adding to my Pantry

I got some free dog food to add to our pantry. I make most of Oreo's food but I add a 1/4 cup of kibble to it. This will last a while. They are smaller bags which are great for when we travel. 


I was running low on tissues so I went to the Dollar Tree. That is all I bought! I didn't really even look around. Total was $10.87.


I went to Aldi for our weekly shopping. Overall I feel they have the lowest everyday prices. Strawberries were 99¢ each, eggs were 97¢ a dozen, butter was $2.04 a pound. My total for Aldi was $37.96. 


Stop & Shop had chicken drumsticks and thighs on sale for 69¢ a pound so I stopped after work. I got a little over 12 pounds. They didn't really have anything that I wanted on marked downs. I did find buns for 66¢ clearance so I put those in the freezer for burgers one night. I also got my Friday freebie of ice cream. Stop & Shop total was $9.05.



 I also stopped at Meat Farms on my way to work to get more grapes. They were on sale for $1.99 a pound. I spent $4.32. Sorry for no picture. 

My total this week was $62.20. I did submit $1.50 to Ibotta

We have been enjoying lots of lettuce and peas from my garden. Peppers just started so those are nice to have fresh too. I am not expecting to need to buy any of these for most of the summer which really helps my budget. I plan my meals around what fresh veggies I have. 

Did you add anything to your pantry? 




Comments

  1. Last week, added to pantry 9 8 0z pkgs cheese, 7 or 9 pkgs of cheese. this will last me about two months for cheese, longer for hotdogs. I did buy lots of other food on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mcoia and you did really well especially on the chicken :) .

    Mainly our additions to our pantry were from picking produce and herbs from the gardens. We picked cherry tomatoes, beetroot, carrots and a heap of thyme, French and English lavender.

    We separated out a lot of dried French and English lavender (gone for a swap) and 319 g of thyme also all gone and sold on the internet in a bulk lot. Things don't last long around here :) .

    Have a great week :).

    Sewingcreations15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well after your last huge shopping trip you should be good for a while. I was tired just thinking about it. It must save you time overall to do one huge shop every 2 months versus the way I do lots of little shops.

      I love how you get fresh vegetables from your garden all year. That is something I want to be able to do when we retire.

      Delete
  3. What a great deal on the chicken! I am looking to restock my freezer with chicken again since I used most of the sale priced chicken for our family reunion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the cheapest I have seen it in a while. I was happy to get it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog