My Frugal List: Week of March 11, 2018


What a week! Hubby and I were away for a long weekend because it was our 25th Anniversary. We stayed in my sisters's timeshare (Thanks K). It was a ton of fun. We went to a farm and learned how they make maple syrup and got to try lots of samples. We did bring some home as a treat too. We played ping pong, air hockey, went in hot tubs, watched movies and just relaxed.

There were icicles everywhere.  They were absolutely beautiful!

                                          

The unit did have a kitchen so we cooked 2 meals a day and ate out once a day. We did bring home all the leftovers.We had to cut the trip short by a day because a snowstorm was coming but we ended up staying home with the kids that day as schools were closed.

 I did find time to be frugal. Here was my week:

- Running only full loads in the washing machine and hanging most of our laundry up. Still using the indoor rack as there is still snow on the ground and more is supposed to come this week.
- Bills were paid online saving us $ on stamps.
-My daughter took the bus to/from school all but 1 time.
-I sold 2 items on eBay and used old packaging to ship them in.
-Cooked at home and ate leftovers
-Brought lunch to work/school
-Bought reduced produce at the market.
- Combined coupons and sales while shopping.
-Did Ibotta
- I did a CVS survey and received $5 ECB.  I used that and 2 coupons for free Hershey Gold Bars so  I only spent $3 at CVS and got some Easter goodies.


- My son and I went shopping for him. He needed jeans. I had a gift card to Old Navy so we went there to look. They had some jeans marked down for $15. He found 2 pairs he liked. I had a coupon for $5 off purchase and paid with the GC. No $OOP! 
-Since we were near Trader Joes we popped in there to pick up a few things. I brought my own bags so I was entered into the weekly drawing.
-Went to Panera and brought lunch home. I had received several GC for Christmas so with my son's  discount (he works there) and my GC it was no $OOP again. I love when that happens.

What frugal things did you do this week? Anyone else waiting for spring? I can't wait to start my garden. I am going to start some seeds indoor soon. I hope everyone has a frugal week.

Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I love your frugal list! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Getting away for a weekend is wonderful. We need to do this. I am reading through some of your posts now.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We had a wonderful time. I think it is good for a couple to get away and have some alone time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog