Brown Sugar Flank Steak


This is one of the easiest meals I make at my house. It is also one of our favorites. There are never leftovers. If my husband is running late from work or my son has a late class I have to take their portion out otherwise they will not get any. I cook this in my small crock pot (4 quarts).

-1 to 2 pound flank steak (I cut mine into smaller pieces so I can mix it together well)


Put the steak into the crock pot. In a separate bowl mix:

-1/4 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
-1/4 vegetable oil
-3 garlic cloves minced


-5 Tablespoons of brown sugar


Whisk it all together


Pour it over the flank steak in the crock pot and mix it around to make sure the steak is fully coated.


Cover your crock pot and set it for 4 hours. 


When the time is up, take 2 forks and pull the meat apart so it is shredded.


 We love it with mashed potatoes and whatever vegetable that is in season. Enjoy.

Comments

  1. Sounds tasty. Might try this with a different cut of meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had gotten a bunch of flank steaks on sale so that is what I have. I have done it with skirt steaks too and it came out great. I hope you like it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog