Italian Dressing Dry Mix

 
 
Dressings are one of the easiest things to make. We make several different kinds. We make this one a lot so I mix up the dry ingredients and keep them in an old olive jar. I grow herbs and dry them so this really only costs me pennies to make.
 
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon onion powder
1  Tablespoon white sugar
2 Tablespoons dried oregano
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
*1 Tablespoon salt, I don't add salt since I am on a low sodium diet.
 
Mix in a bowl and store in an airtight container.
 
To make mixture into salad dressing:
Mix 2 Tablespoons of dry mix
1/4 cup vinegar (I add a dash of my FIL's red wine vinegar too)
2/3 cup of oil olive 
2 Tablespoons of water
Refrigerate for an hour.  

Comments

  1. Heh. I do things like this all the time. My favorite homemade mix is onion soup. I use the salt in my mixes, but not the sugar. I bought a box of Good Seasonings Italian dressing mix (3 envelopes) in the markdown section some time ago, and just used my first envelope for chicken marinade the other evening. It was a successful meal, but as I read the ingredients, I realized I could do this easily, even if I made a fresh batch each time I prepared the meal.
    I love growing my own herbs. How do you dry yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I leave them out on cookie sheets if it is hot out. I will put them in the oven a little while after I shut it off too. In the late summer, early fall my dining room table is usually covered in drying herbs.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog