Pasta Fagioli


This is one of my family's favorites. My husband's mom always made it for him when he was a kid. I now make it for him and our kids. It is very filling and costs very little to make. I made it today because a friend of ours is having some health issues.  So I thought I would make her some.  I had everything to make it in my pantry.

2 Tablespoons of olive oil
1 small onion chopped
3 garlic cloves chopped
2 15oz. cans of northern beans ( I have used any small white bean)
32 oz. chicken stock
32 oz. water
1 cup ditalini
1 teaspoon parsley
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
salt to taste

Cook onions and garlic in olive oil until they are translucent.
Drain and rinse beans. Pour beans into pot.
Add chicken stock and water.
Add black pepper, parsley.
Bring it to a boil., then reduce it to a simmer. Let it simmer for 45 minutes.
Add ditalini and cook for another 15 minutes or pasta is fully cooked.
Add salt to taste.

My kids and I add some Parmigiano cheese on top.

Enjoy.


Comments

  1. Would elbow macaroni work in place of the ditalini?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Any small pasta would work. Ditalini is just what Hubby's mom always used.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I'm going to try making it next week!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog