Friday Freebies.

Let see what I got free this week. Well, I haven't had to water anything since it has rained all week. My water bill will love that. Since it was raining on Monday and I didn't have to work, I offered to help my sister clean out her house. She is leaving Long Island and bought herself a house on the water. We got a lot cleaned out. First we worked on the garage. She gave me several items some which are brand new. I will be able to use them all. I also arranged for a friend's son to take her extension ladder. We don't need one. He just bought a house and doesn't have one so it worked out well. 


She gave me 2 of these ottomans. Always good to have extra seats when lots of teenagers are over. 


These are cigar boxes. I put my essential oils in one. My son claimed one for his room. I'm sure I will find something to do with the other 2.


She gave me 4 more pocketbooks. Youngest daughter claimed 2 right away. They both have a serious pocketbook addiction. These 2 will be listed on eBay. 


She gave me this Belgium coffee maker. She had gotten it as a gift years ago and hasn't used it in years. My son LOVES coffee and liked it. He has been using it since. 


I dropped a bunch of stuff to the church outreach for her. I gave 12 stemless wine glasses to hubby's coworker who just got her first place. I brought a box of books to work and my coworkers took most of them. I will bring the rest to the church next week. She gave me a queen bed set. It will be an extra.We got a lot done at her house but there is still a lot more that needs to get done. I am hoping to go one day next week to help her again. She was grateful for the help and treated me to lunch. I brought her bagels from my son's job. 



Our neighbors are also moving. They have been cleaning house too. They keep offering us items. I couldn't say no to all of the oil lamps. 


If we lose power we have plenty of lighting now. Hubby also got some lawn and car items. 


I went to the dentist and was given a goodie bag. There were also coupons which I will use. My insurance pays for 2 cleanings a year so I make sure that I always go.  


I had signed up to go paperless for our electric company at the end of last year. They were doing a promo giving out 2 free light bulbs for anyone that did. They arrived this week. 


YD got her braces off. They gave her a bag of goodies that she hasn't been allowed to eat. 


My son brought home lots and lots of goodies. We shared with my sister and neighbors.


College is ending for the year. I have read about people who go to the campus and get lots of things that the kids leave behind. Hubby and I decided to go and see if we could find anything. We had some rules. We didn't want to get hurt so we did not go into any dumpsters. We would only look at things that were on top or next to the dumpsters. There was a lot. We ended up getting 8 mini fridges in great shape. We could have gotten so many more but we could only fit 8. I will clean them up and try to sell them on Craigslist. We also got a small shop vac. I'm going to see if OD wants that. We already have 2. If not I will sell it.


We got a small vacuum. I took it apart and cleaned it. It works great. 


I also found this glass jar. I thought it was cute. Hubby took a bike frame and a bunch of wires. We are going to try to get back another night. Graduation is Saturday and final move out is Sunday. We couldn't believe how much stuff there was. We saw 2 other people doing what we were and they had as many mini fridges as we did if not more. I could not believe how much good stuff was being thrown in the garbage. Thankfully they had areas for clothing donations. We didn't look at any of that. 


The kale is growing great. I have been freezing excess or giving it away.


I received Mother's Day and Birthday presents so they they were free to me.



I picked up a Friday freebie from Stop & Shop. My son ate it right away. He loves key lime. 



FREE
                                                                  BODYARMOR Sports Drinks

FREE ONE (1) 16oz BODYARMOR Sports Drink
Exp: 05/31/2018
                                              
This weeks is a sports drink. Don't forget to download it today. 

What did you get free this week?



Comments

  1. Wow - it's crazy to me that people will just dump mini fridges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they can't fit it in their cars or they are taking a train or bus home they have no choice. All money raised will be put towards the college fund.

      Delete
  2. It is amazing what college kids will throw away. All my girls would wait for this time of year and gather things for their apartments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amount of clothes was crazy. There was enough for a village. The food waste really bothered me. You could see all of the half eaten boxes of cereal, pasta, cookies. Such a waste.

      Delete
  3. My son went to school in Manhattan and graduating students who were going elsewhere either put stuff out on the curb or gave it away. Not because they didn't want it but the price of moving those items would have been more than their value. He furnished his last 2 apartments with cast offs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did your son go? My daughter is looking at John Jay and Mary Mount.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did so well on your freebies :).

    We had picked almost free to us produce from the gardens being -

    - 5 bunches of silver beet which we blanch and froze to make 8 more meals for the freezer.
    - a huge of 9lt bucket of rosemary which we are drying from trimming the rosemary bushes.
    - a huge 9lt bucket of sage which we also have drying from trimming the bushes.
    - about 10 large bunches of combined English and French lavender that we are drying. I listed our first lot of organically grown 50g of dried lavender on the internet for sale too to add extra income into the house.

    We traded a 9lt bucket of honey with a friend who needed a queen bed base but didn't have the money to buy it. Honey is running out here retail anywhere from $12 - $15kg so we thought it was a good deal and the base needed a new clip to hold the bedhead on and we didn't need the bed base as we had purchased another one and he is handy and can easily repair it.

    Sewingcreations15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I trade veggies with a friend for local honey. It is so expensive to buy. You got a bucket full. That is wonderful. I love all of the dried herbs. We use ours all year and share with family and friends. You did great this week.

      Delete
    2. That is a good trade as well for honey for vegies too and what is you honey worth to buy per kg (1000g) or pound over there ?. The 9lts of honey weighs 9kg in honey weight.

      We also get a bucket of 15kg of honey for having our friends hives here per year and he gives us another 15kg bucket if he borrows our trailer with sides for long trips when he sometimes needs it for carrying his large bee keeping gear, furniture or other equipment.

      Sewingcreations15.

      Delete
    3. I haven't bought honey the last few years because I have been able to trade. I think I saw it last year for about $20 a pound. That is local honey, not the processed crap in the supermarket.

      Delete
  6. Ok, I'm going to have to do this! We have a university blocks away from our house. My husband really wants a mini fridge for the garage (men!) Great finds! I just discovered your blog, and am really enjoying it. I just started mine recently. I was thinking of doing a post on all the stuff I've found on the curb over the years. It's amazing what people will throw away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing. I understand if you don't want it any more but donate it. I will have to check out your blog.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog