Friday Freebies

I got lots of freebies this week. It was my birthday last weekend so that gets you lots of free stuff. I sign up for rewards programs and several give you something for your birthday. I have gotten a coupon from Panera for a free pastry, IHOP for free pancakes, Baskin Robbins for a free ice cream cone, and Sephora for free makeup. I already ate the ice cream and got the makeup. It will go into my gift stash as I am not a big makeup person. I have time to use the rest. 



 I got some wonderful gifts. I have been using more essential oils for health and cleaning purposes. I wanted a diffuser and got one with some Chamomile oil to help me sleep better. Rollers (sorry not pictured) were also given. Thanks Hubby. I also got lots of homemade cards


My son gave me a book so I can make more blends. I have already made 2. I love books. I like to have it in my hands to read. 


YD gave me my favorite cookies. They are so good and made on Long Island like me. 


My sister gave me lots of snacks that I love and Ziplocs. Only your sister or Mom would give you Ziplocs as a gift.


She came to celebrate with us. She offered to take us out to eat but I prefer being home. She brought lobsters and steaks. I think she thinks we each eat a steak and a lobster. I convinced her we didn't need to cook all of the steaks. She didn't want to take them home so they went into my freezer. Who needs to go to a restaurant when you can eat like this at home for so much less. Hubby cooked and the kids cleaned it up. YD made me a chocolate cake. It was delicious and relaxing. 




My sister has been a cleaning maniac. Son and I went to help her do work around her house to get it ready to sell. I came home with a car full.






We went through more of the garage. It is finally done. She gave me a table, a fan, lots of pots and 2 shirts. She also gave me a bag of clothes and a box of jewelry that my girls are going to go through when oldest daughter comes home. I will then try to sell or donate the rest. There were some shelves, 2 lanterns, a vase and a few baskets too. I am trying to be selective about what I take but she has so much nice stuff that she is getting rid of. 


Hubby and I went to our town compost facility. I got the above bins and buckets and another 4 bins. They all fit in Hubby's truck bed so we only had to do one trip. I should be good for the year. 


Buns were on sale for $1. I had a $1 off 2 so one ended up being free. The yogurt and baby food were Stop & Shop past freebies.


Our neighbors are also cleaning out for the sale of their house. Hubby got some windshield washer fluid and oil for the car as well as this light. They also gave Hubby a venison burger one night.  



My son brought home bagels and pastries. He also got 2 free meals this week at work. We brought some to my sister when we went to help her. I brought the cookies to work with me. My co-worker loves the candy cookie. Another day a co-worker brought donuts in so I had one. 


 Kellogg is having a promo where you buy 2 products and you get a free lip balm. You can do 3 offers. The cereal that Hubby loves and can eat were on sale for $1.99 each if you bought 4. So I did. That got me 2 free lip balms. I submitted them. It said I should get them in 8 weeks. The promo is going on until the end of the summer. 


What freebies did you get this week? Do you sign up for birthday freebies?




Comments

  1. Happy Birthday belatedly. Tates cookies are delicious! I was laughing about the ziploc bags as a gift. I gave my sister a 24 roll pack of toilet paper as one of her Christmas gifts from me. I understand perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've given my sister and daughter 8 packs of tissues with their birthday presents. Its definitely a mom/sister thing. I would rather have the baggies instead of something I'm not going to use.

      Delete
  2. ow you got a lot of freebies and lots of free goodies for your birthday as well as really nice seafood and meat to eat for your special birthday occasion.

    The freebies we got last week were -

    - 75kg of sweet potatoes from the gardens that we just keep planting from each crop each year saving us $675 over buying them locally.
    - eBay was having a free listing and free final auction value fee if it sells promotion so I listed 52 homemade items so far saving us $85.80 in listing fees.
    - I traded 14 bottles of failed homebrew beer given to us by a friend to another friend who wanted to use them for garden bugs for a 3kg grass fed leg of pork freshly butchered from his farm saving us $27 over purchasing it at the local supermarket.

    Unfortunately here in Australia we don't get as many vouchers as you all do in the States but we are very happy with our week.

    Have a great week :).

    Sewingcreations15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be really happy with free pork and sweet potatoes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog