Vanderbilt Mansion, Museum & Planetarium part 2


The Vanderbilt Museum is one of my favorite places on Long Island. My first part is here. The architecture is amazing. There are arches everywhere. I wish they still made homes with the details of the past. 
This is the court yard after you walk in. 


This massive gate would keep out any trouble. It has the family crest over the arch. It is seen throughout the property.


This is a favorite nook of mine. It leads from the courtyard out to the back of the house by the water. What a view!


This is some of the stone work on a pathway. 


 There are all different designs. There is still some of the original cobblestone on the roads and in the courtyard. It makes for an interesting walk. I always were sneakers. They do have golf carts that they will drive you on if you have walking issues or you are a guest at the wedding pavilion. High heels would not go over well on the stones. 


I love the old man sitting on his perch. The details in the masonry is outstanding. You can see the different colors where it has been repaired. 


The iron balconies are throughout the main house. 


Staircases have lots of iron work too.


The main gates are a work of art. Between the stone work and the iron work, I am in awe. See some more of the cobblestone. 


Even the light fixtures are beautiful. You sure don't find lights like this nowadays. 


YD makes fun of me because she says I take a picture of this door every time we come. But look at this door. The details are CRAZY!


I cannot image how many man hours went into making a door like this. It is a foot thick. No one is getting through that door uninvited. 



Here is another beautiful doorway. Between the wood, iron and masonry it is an art piece all on its own.




Stay tuned for part 3.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog