June Goals Updated.



Financial
- Put 15% into retirement. Thank you 401K plan for making this so easy.
- Put $1000 into the college fund. The septic tank had other ideas so this didn't happen. 
- Put $500 into the project fund Did it !
- Grocery Budget of $400 average for the year. I spent $407.12. My total for the year is $2229.15. I still have an overage of $170.85. My monthly average is $371.52.
- List 25 new items on eBay and Craigslist. I blew this one away. I got  free listings so I went crazy listing items. I listed 83 items. I sold 18 and have bids on 2. Also have interested buyer on 2 items on Craigslist.
- Work extra shifts when available. I worked 5 extra shifts before I got sick and then called out for 3.

Health
- Go for a walk 3 times a week. I had gone for several before I got sick but none since.
- Workout for 15 minutes 3 times a week. Nope
- Lose 8 pounds. NOPE!
- Get cracked filling fixed. Done.

Garden
- Finish planting small garden. Its all done.
- Plant more lettuce seeds Done! I also replanted cucumbers since half of them didn't come up. 
- Put poles in garden for tomato plants Did it.
- Weed 3 times a week. I did lots of weeding. I even got stung by a bee doing it one day. 
- Finish digging out tree stump. Nope. Life happens. 

Family
Go on a date with Hubby. We went to Panera for lunch one day. 
- Celebrate OD birthday. We celebrated it late when she came home for a visit. We did Face Time with her on her birthday and had shipped a few present to her apartment, with free shipping of course. 
- Celebrate Father's Day We went to see Solo and grabbed burgers from Hubbies favorite place. 
- YD finish out junior year of High School. Done.
- Visit 3 colleges with YD. I was sick when this was scheduled so only Hubby and YD went. 

Personal
-Facetime with OD every week. Did it. She also came home for a few days which is so much better!
-Read 2 books Nope. Can't read with vertigo.
-Make someone a meal that needs it. I brought bagels and butter to work on a crazy day that I got called in. My coworkers really appreciated it. Sent soup to Hubby's coworker. 
-Write 2 cards or letters. I sent out lots of cards for birthdays and Father's day but didn't do any letters. 

Cleaning
- Go through dresser in office. Nope
- Clean out laundry room. Did most of it.
- Clean out pantry/food storageDid it!
-Clean the fridge out. All done.

Food
- Do one meatless meal a day. Did it!
- Do one day a week with no meat at all. I did it 5 times.
- Try 2 new recipes.  Nope
- Get another pantry item to 6 months. Got Bacon!
- No food waste. I know some bread went moldy and graham crackers got stale.

Auto
- Get my car inspected. Passed with no problems!
- Hubby replace tail lights on truck. He did it.

The septic tank at the beginning of the month throw us for a financial curve. Me being sick also didn't help. Overall I think we had a good month. 

Comments

  1. Hi Mcoia you did well and got through most of your list and completed it :).

    We did everything on our list other than repair 2 items of clothing and cook 2 roast chickens in the smoker as it was too windy.

    Outdid ourselves though on deep cleaning the car which is one of our least favourite jobs and even swept out half the garage while the car was out being washed and cleaned too. The fruit trees are looking a lot healthier in their larger pots and as suspected they were root bound.

    Sewingcreations15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did great. Life happens and gets in the way. We will keep on trying for next month.

      Delete
  2. Doing nicely on keeping your food budget well in hand and selling stuff. Is there a designated project for the "Project Fund" proceeds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are doing our driveway. We have a very narrow driveway and want to widen it plus it needs to be redone. We have to park one of the cars on the grass the way it is right now. We had 2 trees cut done in February that were in the way and hubby and my son have been digging out the roots. We want to get it done in September. There is a 6 week waiting period and it takes about a month to do with them putting the undercoat down and then we need to drive on that for a few weeks. We have most of the money I just want the full amount set aside before we start. It is paid in segments as parts are completed so we don't need the full amount up front.

      I am not expecting to spend the full amount in July on groceries with my garden produce and the 2 kids away for half the month but I put it just in case I come across great deals.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog