Refrigerator Dill Pickles


I made 10 pints of refrigerator dill pickles over the weekend. They will last about 4 months in your refrigerator but we eat them faster then that. With my garden doing so well on cucumbers, this was an easy way to use a bunch up. 


First I sliced up the cucumbers. I do them in rounds but you could do whatever shape you like.


Then I cut up the onions. Hubby loves the onions so I add a bunch. If you are not big on onions then only put in a few. I then chop up the dill. I use the whole plant, leaves, seeds and stem. I grow it in my garden just for this recipe. 


Then I take my pints that are clean and start adding. I put some onions and dill at the bottom. 


Then I add cucumbers and then onions and dill at the top.


Next is the mixture. 


It is 1 cup vinegar to 3/4 cup sugar to 1/2 cup water for those of you that only want to do 1 or 2 jars. 

I used 8 cups vinegar, 6 cups sugar and 4 cups of water. 


Boil it until all of the sugar is dissolved.

Then ladle it into your jars. 


Put them in the refrigerator for at least 3 days before eating.

Enjoy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog