Adding to my Pantry


I went to Stop & Shop. My cart was full and I rarely do that. I had a bunch of great coupons that matched up with items that were on sale or on Ibotta. The pasta was on sale for 88¢ each, I got 20.  Barilla is Hubby's favorite so when it is under a dollar I buy it. When I can get other pasta cheap, I but that too. He eats whatever I put in front of him, he just prefers Barilla. The guacamole was free with a coupon I got in the mail. The devil dogs were on sale for 2 for $5. Ibotta has $1 rebate on each so they worked out to 2 for $3. The rice cakes were 50% off so I got them for $1 each. The stove cleaner was $3.99 and I had a store coupon for $1 off $3 for any cleaner. The Poptarts were $1.99 each. The chicken thighs and whole chickens were on sale again for 69¢ a pound limit 2 of each.


The juices were on sale $1.99 each. I had a catalina coupon for $1.50 off 2 shelf stable juices. The Q-tips were on sale for $3.79. I had a $1.50 manufactures coupon off of them. The shredded cheeses were on sale for $1.77 each. I got 4. I had a catalina coupon for $1.50 off a $5 cheese purchase. The grapes were on sale for $1.99 a pound. The bananas were on sale for 49¢ a pound. The bagels were on the reduced rack. There were 12 plain in the bag. They were $1.25. 


The cereals and granola bars were on sale for $2.50 each. If you bought 5 you got $5 off. I had a  $2 digital coupon off of 2 of the cereals. I had $1.50 off of  2 granola bars. I had $1.50 manufactures coupon off of 3 cereals. I also had a catalina for $1 off $5 breakfast purchase. So for 3 boxes of cereal and 2 boxes of granola bars I spent $1.50. That comes to 30¢ for each item. I will take that any day.  My total at Stop & Shop was $71.85. My receipt said I saved $73.33. I got $2.10 back from Ibotta. I also got 6 more catalina coupons for next time. 


The garden is slowly coming to an end. I am still using everything I get.


There are still tons of hot peppers so I have been making lots of hot sauce. 3 more small containers were added.


I made a huge pot of chili with tomatoes and peppers from the garden. 3 large containers were put in the freezer for future meals.


 I also rescue some cream cheese and butter that was headed for the garbage. 


My sister and YD went apple and pumpkin picking on Monday. YD didn't have school but Hubby, my son and I all had to work. They may have gone a little overboard with the pumpkins. After Halloween I will start cooking and freezing them.


They also brought home a peck of apples, cookies and donuts. My sister wouldn't let me give her money for any of it. She did take some apples home though. 

My total on shopping this week was $71.85.

What did you add to your pantry this week? 



Comments

  1. Wow, you got some great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pumpkin arrangement! It looks exactly like fall should look.

    You did great on your shopping trip. Sometimes, stocking up is in order, and then you will be loaded up for a while. I also got the $5/off 5 boxes of cereal and may have had some coupons, as well. I was boring and got 5 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios. They have already gone through one box and are on to #2. I was delighted to finally find sugar for $1.25/4 lb bag. Brown sugar was also 50c/lb. I got 20 lbs of each.

    I only ended up getting one Ibotta rebate last week, since the things I wanted/needed weren't on it this time. Still, that account adds up pretty quickly over time for me, and I'm saving up towards holiday food, as we are hosting Thanksgiving here, and the stores often have huge sales, which I plan to buy many items from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need brown sugar. I am trying to get by until a sale comes along. Glad you got the cereal deal also. I refuse to buy cereal for more then a $1 a box.

      YD did the pumpkin arrangement. I saw it when I got home from work. She plans on carving a pumpkin some time soon and then we will put an electric candle in it on Halloween.

      Ibotta is slow and steady for me. I feel it is worth my time though. For just over a year I have cashed out $100 that I put back into my grocery budget. Have a great week.

      Delete
  3. Hi Mcoia and you did really well with getting so many specials and applying coupons too :).

    We are eating down what we have in the house presently as our offer was accepted on buying a home. Today we got conditional approval with the bank for finance and we have signed the house contracts. Keep us in your prayers that we get the loan but I would say with our large deposit we have saved that it should not be a problem with the bank loan but you never know.

    This week we added to our pantry with -

    - 2 dozen eggs given to us by a friend.
    - Lots of thyme we picked and have drying from the gardens.

    Have a wonderful week ahead everyone :).

    Sewingcreations15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so exciting. I will say lots of prayers for you. Which house did you get?

      Delete
    2. Hi Mcoia and thank you for your encouragement :) and we are really excited too.

      It is a 1920 - 30's solidly hardwood built around 15 square metre 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home on 1.21 acres of land with a huge kitchen, large rumpus room, 1 x single garage, double garden shed, another wooden garden shed, meat shed, root cellar under rain water tanks, outhouse toilet that is operational :) , large shed with lean to with enough room for 3 cars and 2 very large fully rabbit and kangaroo wire fenced garden bed areas. It has both town water, rain water tanks and backs onto a creek that we can also pump water from.

      I had been keeping an eye on this property on the internet for sale for some time (4 - 6 months) but it was originally $50 000 more than our budget was, then was reduced to our budget level and we knocked more off their price again. We got the home for around $20 000 less than the median house price in the area which was an absolute steal of a price and we are planning to pay a 36.84 % deposit on it . The residual we have left saved will go to pay insurances on the home, buy a second (secondhand) car as we are out of town and pay for a few electrical and plumbing things that will need to be done to the home.

      We will be paying $134 less per fortnight than what we are paying in rent but will double the loan repayments per month to shorten the loan time and reduce the interest we have to pay and will still have enough to save as well.

      Sewingcreations15.

      Delete
    3. That sounds wonderful. Good luck. I hope the transition goes smoothly.

      Delete
  4. You did great with all the bargains.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog