Friday Freebies a day late

Sorry that I am late again. It has been go, go, go at my house. Then Hubby offered to go out East with me so we could go to farms and orchards so that is what we did today. I feel like I have barely seen him the last 2 weeks so it was great getting out just the 2 of us. Now onto the freebies. 


We were getting a possible frost one night, so I picked all of the tomatoes and a bunch of peppers. I threw a sheet around the tabasco pepper plant since there are still a bunch of green ones. It made it through the night OK. I will be doing that until they are ready. 


I had picked peppers earlier in the week too. 


There were 2 breakfast meetings at work. I cleaned them up and happily brought home some of the leftovers. The meetings were 2 days in a row and they do not use anything from the day before. The cream cheese was perfect timing because we were out and I have been waiting for a sale. 


I did make sure that other coworkers were offered leftovers but usually only a few are interested. I was also given free lunch one day. I was asked to come in last minute. Our credit card machines were down so they needed extra people. I was happy for the hours.


My son brought home some extra souffles from work. He also got 2 free meals at work. 1 for staying late and 1 for coming in last minute for someone who called out. 


A friend of a friend was getting rid of some stuff. Hubby was able to snag these 2 oil lamps. They are great for when the power goes out. 


A friend offered me these 2 oils. She doesn't like either one. I was happy to add them to my oil collection. 


My son got some freebies from the dentist when he went for his 6 month cleaning. 


I went to a free library class with some friends. The library taxes come out of my taxes whether I use the library or not. It was 2 hours and a lot of fun. I have another class scheduled this week and I am looking forward to it.  

The kids and I picked up Lip from my sister for her. She has friends visiting for a few days from France and they were going to be staying in the city. After they leave she is flying to Texas for a meeting. We love having him. Since we picked him up for her she offered to feed us dinner. Since she was leaving as soon as we did, we ordered Italian. As always she ordered way to much. She sent us home with the leftovers which became several days lunches. She also gave me money to buy dog food. She didn't have time to go get some so she gave me money to buy some. 

What freebies did you get this week? 







Comments

  1. You are very fortunate. I don't know of anyone that gets as many free goodies as you. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mcoia and you did really well this week and the essential oils are really expensive to buy here so a lovely gesture from your friend and what a blessing all of those leftovers from work were along with the produce picked from your gardens.

    This weeks freebies in our household were -
    - a huge amount of English lavender we have picked from the gardens that we are drying both to sell some and some to keep for the home.

    Have a great week :).

    Sewingcreations15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been drying lots of herbs here too. They are so expensive to buy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog