Friday Freebies

Sorry this is late. I had to work all day and make dinner and do laundry and then clean up dinner. I'm still not at 100% so I just passed out after that. Some days are like that. Even with not feeling good all week I got some freebies. Lets get to it. 


A friend's FIL downsized about a year ago. He moved into a one bedroom condo from a big house. Everything he didn't take ended up in my friend's basement. He has been in his new home just over a year. My friend told him to take what he wants because she wants her basement back. She then invited family and friends to take what they want. The rest she is donating. Hubby and I went over to look. She had several table clothes and some fabric that I took. 


 I see myself making some Christmas presents with this fabric. 


I also took this basket and trivet. I liked them both. We also took some items for our friend that recently became single and moved out on her own. There were some dishes, trays, and glasses. She was very thankful that we thought of her. I also took a few unopened items that I can put in raffle baskets. 


I was able to bring home some beautiful sunflowers from the wedding. I have been enjoying them all week. 


They also gave out beer cozies to everyone. Their name and date is on the other side. 


Gaden veggies are getting less and less every week but we are still getting and enjoying some. 


I used a gift card to get some ice cream. 


The tissues were almost free. I paid 53¢.


There was a breakfast meeting at my job for the managers and some people from the home office. I cleaned it up when it was over. I was told to throw away the leftovers. I didn't. Some of my coworkers and I enjoyed the extra bagels and fruit. I put the container of juice in the office fridge. Several of us have been drinking it. I brought home the leftover cream cheese and butter. I did tell my boss what I did after HO people left and he was fine with it. 


As always, my son brought home some goodies from work. 

What freebies did you get this week?




Comments

  1. Great job again this week. It is amazing how often people just throw away stuff after meetings and such. That is good food!!!! what a wasteful society we live in. Glad you saved it al.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was someone from home office that said it. There wasn't enough for everyone so I guess he didn't want to offend some people. I, however, was the one cleaning it up so I made the final decision. I hate food waste and most of the kids I work with are happy to eat pretty much anything. There will be no food waste when I am around. Have a great week.

      Delete
    2. Yikes, I would've taken the leftovers too! There's no need for it to go to waste. My husband occasionally brings home leftovers from work when there's an event or a vendor offers catered lunches. I always enjoy that- it saves us money, saves food from going to waste, and it's a delicious treat for my daughter and me. :)

      Those sunflowers are so lovely!!! My son was going to get his girlfriend sunflowers for Homecoming, and then he saw some blue flowers, and as blue is her favorite, he went with that. :)

      Delete
    3. That way very sweet of your son. I hope he had a nice time. I love when one of them brings home leftovers. I never know what I'm going to get.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog