Ham and Lentil Soup

I love my crock pot. It really makes my life easier. I can throw everything in it in the morning before work. When I get home, dinner is ready.  Also I have very little to clean up after a long day.

I made a ham last week that I had gotten after Easter very cheap. I am trying to make room in my freezer for all of those turkeys that are hopefully going to be on sale soon. I always keep the bone from the ham and make ham and lentil soup. My kids love it. I hope you enjoy it.


Ham bone with meat
1 cup dried lentils
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
32 oz. chicken broth
1 can tomato paste
2 cups of water

Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Pull the bones out before serving. 

What do you make with a ham bone?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog