Cinnamon Raisin French Toast


My son was closing at work last night. He is lucky that his managers let employees bring home the leftovers which prevents them from going in the dumpster. He brought home a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread. He has never brought this item home. He mentioned that other employees use it for French toast. I usually use challah bread. This time we used the cinnamon raisin. 


I did an egg mix with soy milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Then we put it into the frying pan with a little vegetable oil. About 3 minutes on each side (until they start getting brown). We used GF bread for YD. 


They came out delicious. Sometimes we put strawberries with powered sugar on top. I didn't have any so I had a side of apple sauce. 


We even have some leftovers for another day. 

Comments

  1. Very nice French Toast. It's so great that your son gets to bring the leftovers home at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the managers let them take it home. I understand if it is being donated but that is only once a week. My son's managers usually let them. A friend's daughter works in a different store and they never let her take leftovers home. I guess it is up to the managers.

      Delete
    2. You are lucky. Our state allows restaurants to donate their remaining products to local homeless shelters, so all of the Panera's here have dedicated "gleaners" who pick up the goods each night and distribute them the following morning. Most of the shelters here have a hot night time meals but rely on several bakeries and such for morning meals.

      Delete
  2. Yum, yum, yum! That looks so good. It is a real blessing that your son gets so many baked goods. It would be awful to have all that thrown away! I do have a partial loaf of gluten-free raisin bread....hmmmm:). I'm getting ideas.

    I have been using things up, but finally had to go get a bunch of groceries today. It was still a fairly low grocery bill ($35) so that was nice. And, I needed around $20 more from another store, but now I'm loaded up again. I'm laying in groceries for the niece and nephew that will be here all weekend, starting on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is usually 4-5 people closing. Most people take stuff home. That is a lot of food leftover. $55 for groceries is wonderful. I know we shop similar, doing sales, coupons and Ibotta. Have fun with your niece and nephew. I can't wait to hear all about it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog