Friday Freebies


The library had a Fairy Lights in a jar class. I drove my friend and I this time. The library supplied everything. We had a great time talking and crafting. I think it came out really cute.


My sister's new house is almost done. They are having all of the final inspections and doing finishing touches. They have a storage bin on the property and were getting rid of it. They had 2 windows that were changed after they were ordered. They were custom so you can't return them. My sister asked if we wanted them. Otherwise she was going to let the contractor have them. They were expensive! Hubby said to take them. We have been talking about putting another window in our kitchen. So we now have another project in the near future. I am all for making it as inexpensive as possible.


She also went through all of her DVDs. We picked out a few that we wanted. OD picked out a few and the rest we are passing on to friends and coworkers.


My aunt bought Oreo a get well present. She loves them


My son brought home lots more goodies from work.


I cashed out a gift card from my Verizon points. I put it towards the project in the laundry closet. 


CVS had vitamins on sale buy one get one free. This is when I stock up. We got 4 bottles, these are the 2 that were free. The fish oil is for Oreo and the other one is for YD.


Kohl's sent me $5. I stopped by and looked at the clearance sections. I got Burt's Bees lip balms.


Youngest daughter has no school this week, only midterms. We went to see Bumblebee the movie with free passes. We also went to Panera for lunch and used GCs that we got for Christmas. YD ate her leftovers the next day. 


We are still enjoying the free bagel everyday while they last. 

Did you get any freebies this week?

Comments

  1. Wow those windows are a great gift and are worth a lot comparing prices to here. You did well for the week and glad you had some time with your daughter at the movies too.

    This weeks freebies for us were 1.5 dozen eggs from a friend that had too many.

    Have a great week ahead everyone :).

    Sewingcreations15 (Lorna).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YD and I spent lots of time together this week. We went prom dress shopping multiple times. No dress yet. That is great that you got more free eggs.We go through a lot of them here. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  2. There was little free this week. But, I used some things I got for free in the past!

    I was able to use most of the free (very sad) potatoes, little oranges, apples and celery I've gotten over the past 3 weeks. I used up the piece of fabric I bought as a remnant before Christmas for 1/2 of the sale price, since it was the last bit of the bolt. I made pj pants for my nephew. With the scraps, I made my nephew 2 little scarves for his stuffed kitties. Pictures at: http://beckyathome.com. So, I made him happy for very little and the scarves were free.

    There are a few cilantro plants that grew from volunteer seeds near my compost pile. For whatever reason, they are still alive. I picked a handful and used it in a marinade for some chicken. I doubt I'll get much more from them, as it is the middle of winter, but I've been able to use cilantro twice from those volunteers. Besides, because I expect them to die any day, I'm picking them ruthlessly while they are still there, so the plants will be gone soon at this rate!

    I used my fancy cake plate for the second time in a week, and some good dishes that are rarely used. Both were free and it felt good to bring those things out of storage.

    I used some free cuttings off a bush outside to make a bouquet for the gathering we had last Saturday. I added some glittery snowflake picks (artificial of course) that were less than $1.

    I used some bread crumbs that I had made from ends of gluten-free loaves and frozen sometime in the past. I've also used other odds and ends. Some were from so long ago, I'm surprised they were good, but they were--especially a couple of things from 2015!




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using up what you have instead of buying new is always wise. Jake looks very cute playing chess. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog