Things that are making me happy...

I like to point out the good instead of the bad. Life will always have some bad but the good is always there if you look. I choose to look at the good. 

1. Oreo if feeling much better! The anti-inflammatories are working great. Hubby said she is acting younger. She is 13 so the meds are helping all of her. She isn't limping or yelping. I am so happy that my puppy girl is feeling good again. 

2. YD got into all 4 colleges that she applied to. We are so proud of her. She also got into the honors college for 2 of them and we are waiting to hear from the third. Scholarships have been coming in as well. She has been working very hard and I am so excited for her.

3. A friend of mine has been having a rough time lately. I was able to go and see her yesterday for a little while. I brought her some treats that my son brought home from work as well as a bunch of yarn that I was given for free. It was a short visit because she had to pick up her daughter. It was great to just get to give her some hugs.  

4. I went to BJs to get milk and soy milk. Chicken cutlets were on a special for $1.69 a pound. That is a great price for chicken cutlets near me. I bought 10 pounds worth. I am happy I still had grocery money for the month and room in the freezer. Yes, having a full pantry makes me happy. Knowing I paid the least amount for everything makes me very happy. 

5. I am happy it is raining outside and not snowing. We were supposed to get a bunch of snow last weekend.  It ended up being just a lot of rain. Now it is more rain. YD drove herself to her mid term. Hubby and my son have to go to work. I am going to a library class with a friend. It is much easier to drive in the rain instead of snow. I'm sure we will get snow next month so I can wait for it until then. 

What is making you happy today? 

Comments

  1. Congratulations to your daughter! Those are all huge accomplishments!!!

    I'm so glad to hear Oreo is feeling better. It's so hard to watch our furbabies hurting or sick.

    It's COLD where I'm at. My son messaged me to let me know that odds are he won't have school tomorrow due to the cold, and looking at the weather, if the reports stay true, they'll be out a few days next week as well as it's supposed to get even colder. That's fine by me! My daughter and I did the grocery shopping today and we're entirely stocked up for several weeks. We have extra milk and veggies in the freezer and should be good for quite a while now, so that's definitely making me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay warm. It was really cold a few days ago here. Today it is 50 and rainy. I will take.

      Delete
  2. It is nice to find happiness with small things. I am happy to be home today with no outside obligations. This has been a whirlwind week so far and it is wonderful to be able to stay home and get some things done__or read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it calms down by you and you get lots of reading time in.

      Delete
  3. I am glad that Oreo is better and not in pain any more (fish oil on their food helps as they get older for arthritus, joint lubrication and general alertness too, stops Alzheimers). Good on you for being in the right place at the right time for the chicken cutlets at such a great price.

    Things that are making me happy is -

    - We received rain, glorious rain yesterday and I was able to put out rain barrels to catch the overflow from the gutters as it came down fast. From that water last night and this morning we are filling our water bottles, watering potplants and fill hand washing buckets for the home rather than using our tank water.

    - Our rainwater tanks filled up probably half of what we had used with the rain last night which is a blessing since it is so dry here and drought declared.

    - Our bank made a mistake on our home loan fees to the tune of $222 by only charging us for one block for registration in the land titles office instead of 2 and rang and asked if they could take that out of our account. I was happy I had paid the extra payments on our home loan and was in credit so they could take the additional money from there instead of out of our normal weekly budget.

    - We are happy that we have an allowance and the available funds in our budget to go out together on date nights as a husband and wife. Date nights don't have to be expensive either and it is amazing how far we can stretch our small allowance.

    Have a great week everyone :).

    Sewingcreations15 (Lorna).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think dates are very important for a couple. Hubby and I have one planned for Sunday. We received several gift cards for Christmas. We are going out to eat as there is a special at a restaurant we love. We do free dates sometimes too. Just going for walks and talking makes me happy.

      I'm glad you got lots of rain and were able to fill up your water tanks. Thank you for the info on the fish oil. I will give it a try. Have a great week.

      Delete
    2. Most welcome Mcoia for the fish oil info and this advice was given to me b a vet in treatment of our then 14 year old cat but he also said all animals as they get older need additional oils in their diet. We used to squeeze a capsule of it on our old cats food each night but you may want a couple for Oreo being a bit bigger :).

      Sewingcreations15 (Lorna)

      Delete
    3. I'm happy to be home, after two weeks of business travel.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog