Friday Freebies


Youngest Daughter had her Senior Banquet this week. She got a free ticket since she is a class officer($90). She also got to bring home a centerpiece. Isn't it pretty. She had a great time and wore a dress and shoes that she already owned. She looked beautiful.


Carvel sent me a coupon for a free cone for my birthday. Free ice cream is my favorite. I also received a gift card from for sister and a check from my parents. Now to decide what I am using them for. I have several other free coupons to use this week. 


I started picking strawberries from the garden. 


Over the weekend we went to my sister's new house in Connecticut. Look at that view. Hubby BBQ for us and we had a great time. 


My sister sent us home with some leftover cookies and half a watermelon.


She also sent us home with some other goodies that she had. 


I went to Stop & Shop. I used more of the gift cards that I won a few weeks ago. I bought a bunch of stuff for YD's Graduation party next month. The sparkling water was free with a coupon I had gotten in the mail. I did Ibotta on this when I got home so I made some money on it. I also did a rebate for the beer. 


I told you all about the free stuff I got at college move out. I sold one fridge already. I have 2 people (hopefully) coming tomorrow to look at 2 more.  

The gentlemen I help treated me to lunch on my first day. He loves to eat out so we will be doing it often I think. 


I stopped at Target after work. I grabbed a few items that were on sale. 



I gave my friend a few dill plants and she asked if we like pumpkin bread. She bought this huge box of mix and her family didn't like it. I am sure i can find something to do with it even if I make them and send them to work with Hubby and the kids. 

Did you get any freebies this week? What are you getting from your garden? 


Comments

  1. You had another great week. It is brilliant to buy the graduation party foods with a prize gift card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. It was perfect timing with the gift cards and all of the sales for Memorial Day. I keep my pantry well stocked so that parties and having company eat over don't ever break the bank. The graduation party food comes out of my regular grocery budget so the gift cards really helped this year. I have also been stocking up on snacks/foods that YD can eat so that I can send her with a bunch when she leaves in August. I did buy some extra treats with the gift cards that were great deals also like the beer. It was on sale for $15 and had a $5 rebate. The Snapple with coupons was $4. The Snapple will make picnics this summer extra sweet.

      Delete
  2. No freebies here unfortunately. Just using what I have here at the house. Absolutely no need to buy groceries when the house has so much food. It sure is different just cooking for one.
    You had another great week as usual. I love reading about all your great finds and gifts.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You are so sweet. It is going to take a while to get used to it. Maybe you can ask the church if there is someone home bound that would like a meal occasionally. The gentlemen I started helping is loving my cooking. I made him pork chops with applesauce and red potatoes with string beans yesterday. He had seconds and loved every mouth full. he said he couldn't wait to eat the leftovers. He asked if I could make it again next week.

      Delete
  3. Wow, on the refrigerators. That is so neat! The flowers are beautiful. I hope you had a very happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank. My birthday is this upcoming week. Most of my family lives out of state so we celebrate when we can. We went back to the college on the final day and got more stuff. I will post about it later in the week.

      Delete
  4. Well I found a nickle yesterday, I stocked up n great Memorial day sales. Found plants on sale i the dead and dieing to plant. God week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mcoia and I can see that you are making good use of your gift vouchers you won, good on you and great you have gotten so many other freebies too :).

    This week our freebies were -

    - About a cubic metre of well composted chicken manure from a friends farm to put in with the soil we amended and put in the above ground garden beds.
    - 2 blocks of chocolate from another friend for having a house warming and BBQ as everyone bought a plate of sides to share.

    Hope everyone else has a great week ahead.

    Sewingcreations15 (Lorna).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free chocolate is one of my favorites. Your gardens will love the manure.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog