Friday Freebies


We have been picking strawberries everyday. They have been used in milkshakes, steel cut oats, on pancakes and eaten fresh. We love having them. Hubby and I think we found an are to plant more. 


I received lots of wonderful gifts for my birthday. Everyone was very generous. OD sent me a box of cookies since I didn't get to see her. They are so good. I also got a dehydrator(I have been wanting one for a while), a book, chocolate, nuts, malt mix and gift cards. 

One of my sisters came over on my birthday and treated us all to lunch. We had a great time. We brought all of the leftovers home of course and enjoyed them later. My sister recently moved. She has always used my BJ's card. There isn't a BJ's near where she lives so she got a Costco card. You can get a second card so she asked me if I wanted it. We went with YD after lunch to get it. 


All I needed was milk. This is what we brought home. My sister insisted on paying. She kept asking YD do you like these, do you want these? I can't take these 2 shopping together. This is what happens. 


My sister also brought some food from her house that she wasn't going to use. She had friends over a few days before. 


I did some garbage picking. A house near by had a ton of stuff out front. I took 7 rolls of wrapping paper. Hubby grabbed a sun cover for his truck. 


We also went back to the college one last time. We got another fridge, a shower organizer, 4 sets of extra long sheets, a set of curtains and lots of clothes. This is some of the clothes we kept. 


There were 2 of these coats. Hubby kept this one. My son kept the other one. All of the other clothes were sorted. I sent another box to Thred Up. A bag went to the church and a few items will be listed. 


Hubby and I went to Harbor Freight. We needed a gift for my BIL's 50th birthday. I bought it and used a coupon for a free light. Hubby bought a tool for work and used a free coupon too. We have a bunch of these lights. They are really handy. 


I went to Stop & Shop and used more of the gift card. I shopped sales, did Ibotta and did a rebate on the beer. I deboned the chicken to make chicken cutlets. I then made stock with the bones. I really love food shopping for free. 

I ran to Target with the gift card I had. I bought myself a pair of shorts that were on sale. Sorry I forgot to take a picture. 

Did you get any freebies this week? Are you harvesting anything from your garden yet? 



Comments

  1. We have enough lettuce for an army here, and I just stocked up on cheese at less than 2 dollars a pound. Also frozen veggies 2/1 not something you see here much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to start picking lettuce. My kids get burned out from salads by the end of August.

      Delete
  2. You had quit a haul of freebies! The campus crawl is pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't need sheets now for YD. I am giving a set to her friend too.

      Delete
  3. Such great freebies, Marybeth. And I love that you get so many things living in a college town. Safyne mentioned on my blog that she lives in a college town and they have pizzas there inexpensively because it is a college town. That would be so neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great but we don't have that. A decent pizza is $15 here.

      Delete
  4. Just wanted to let you know I read your blog too but have never commented. Thanks for your message on Brandy's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck in your job hunt. If I can help in any way, just let me know.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog