Fundraising for a great cause.

Friday night, Hubby's company held it's annual fundraiser. They try to do a different cause each year. This year they picked Coastal Steward Long Island. They are a great organization that helps clean up and restore our coast lines, and help educate our kids. It was an amazing event and we had a great turnout of over 150 people. Hubby and I have been helping with the event for several years. We went at 5 pm to help set up. Hubby was in charge of the sound equipment so we had to bring all of that with us. I helped the lady that is in charge of the raffles set everything up. She did an amazing job and got so many great prizes donated. 


We had to add extra tables because there were so many prizes. 


In addition to baskets filled with stuff they had, Broadway tickets, hotel stays, fishing trips, concert tickets, sports tickets, ax throwing classes, restaurant and store gift cards, and trips to wineries.  The grand prize was a 65 inch 4K Ultra HD TV with sound bar.  They also had door prizes and a 50/50. 

Your admission tickets get you appetizers, dinner and the open bar.

When the event started, Hubby and I were in charge of check in. You can buy tickets ahead of time or at the door. Once that was done we helped with selling tickets, doing door prizes and the 50/50. 


Hubby won a door prize. It is a car care kit. He was very happy about that. 


I won a Fun in the Sun basket. 


And a Stop & Shop Basket. It has $200 in gift cards, a bottle of wine and 2 glasses. I was so excited. I won the Stop & Shop basket 4 or 5 years ago too.  Very few people put tickets in this one. I am always excited about it. Free food shopping makes me happy. There are lots of 20 somethings at the event and I guess they don't care about food shopping. 

We ended up raising over $16 thousand dollars for the charity. When we were cleaning up, a waitress came up to me and said there was a bunch of food leftover from the buffet. She had wrapped it up and left it on a table for us. I started asking who wanted leftovers. Only one lady wanted the pasta so I gave her the whole tray. We brought the rest home. It was 2 containers of wings and a tray of mozzarella, tomato and basil sandwiches. We ate that for lunch and dinner on Saturday. We still have some left. I will make sure they get eaten. 


Hubby and I had a great night out, raised money for a great cause, won some great prizes, and I didn't have to cook the next day. I call that a success. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog