August 2019 Goals

Youngest daughter will be going away to college this month. Life keeps changing. It will be a big adjustment for all of us. 

Financial
- Put 15% into retirement. 
Grocery Budget of $500 average for the year. 
- Go over our budget with Hubby 
- Go over the kid's budgets with each of them. 
- Put all of my income in college savings

Family
- Bring YD to college
- Celebrate my sister's 50th birthday
- Visit OD
- Talk with OD and YD at least 5 times a week.

Personal
- Go for walks every other day
- Read 2 books 
- Send 2 cards to loved ones
- Go for more blood work

Food
- Do one meatless meal a day.
- Do one day a week with no meat at all. 
- Try 2 new recipes.  
- Get another pantry item to 6 months. 
- No food waste.  

Cleaning
- Scrub YD's room after she leaves
- Clean carpet in YD's room after she leaves

Garden/ Yard
- Plant peas
- Plant more lettuce seeds 
- Look into other winter/fall crops

Projects
- Paint hallway
- Paint shed


Do you have any goals for August? 

Comments

  1. Great goals. You might be able to spend a little less on groceries with kids off to college and away from home. Nah, probably not - you will be supplying goodies I bet!!!!!
    My list of goals is far too long to list. I need to motivate myself and get busy!
    Have a good month!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You too. I was thinking I will use any extra money for stocking up. YD is taking several boxes of groceries with her. She does have to have a food plan so I am hoping she doesn't need too much often. Shipping costs are crazy.

      Delete
  2. Honey I need to get through July before I can even BEGIN to think about August! lolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the last day of July. Hope you get everything done.

      Delete
  3. You've got some great goals for August! It's my last full month of sabbatical from work, so I need to get a bunch done. I'll be running a relay & training for a half marathon, getting the kids ready for back to school, finishing up a few yard projects, getting doors installed in our house, finishing our photo books, & hopefully some other small projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to be very busy. Good luck getting it all done.

      Delete
  4. Sound like great goals for August, I hope you meet all of them and then some. I see you have "try 2 new recipes" for this month. I've been making some older ones from when before my daughter was born and she has really been enjoying them. There are just so many recipes out there to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check them out on your blog. Cheryl had a zucchini boat recipe that looks really good and will help use up some of my garden produce.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog