Adding to my Pantry: September 26, 2019

This time of year lots of canned goods go on sale. So I had to get some. 


I stocked up on beans that were 2 for $1. It was a limit of 4 each so I got an assortment. We do use dried beans too. Canned are great for vacations or busy nights. I got 32 cans.


I got a work out carrying them in and putting them away. 


16 ounce bags were on sale too. I got 5 of the barley and 5 of the lentils. This will be great for soup all winter long. 


Cases of dog food were 75% off. Oreo loves these so I got 3 cases. 




Gala Apples were 88¢ a pound. You could only get 5 pounds. 


Coffee was on the clearance rack. 


 These will be Christmas presents and go in baskets of food. 


They were 75% off.


Candy was marked down to 24¢. I would love to tell you that this is for Trick or Treaters but they are not. My son and I will eat them. I will also give some to P. 


The garden is still giving us lots of fresh veggies. 

What did you add to your pantry this week? 










Comments

  1. You did it again. Great deals. You find the best markdowns.
    I love barley - I think beef and barley soup is one of my favorites and I love barley in vegetable soup.
    What a super find on the dog food!
    I'd love to go to your stores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on over. We can go shopping anytime. Hubby loves beef barley soup too.

      Delete
  2. Lots and lots of toilet paper..........lolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw on your blog. And lots of paper towels too. Great job

      Delete
  3. I'm impressed with the markdowns at your store. I shop at a sister store to yours (same house brands, same price tags, etc) but the markdowns here are never as generous as the ones you get. Color me jealous! ;-) Bobi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have several Stop & Shops in the area. I stop in at different ones from time to time. The one closest to me has the best mark down section. A friend of mine works at this store and said it is up to the GM.

      Delete
  4. I am noticing the price of beans but I am trying to eat down the pantry, so will not be stocking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With everything going on with the government currently, I was very happy to add more beans to my supplies. Also we are paying for college for our youngest so a few more meals with beans will help with that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog