My Frugal List: 2nd half of September 2019


Tomatoes are coming in like crazy. I have been using them up as fast as I can. 


I dehydrated a bunch.


I put them in a jar I had and added olive oil. They went into the fridge. 


 I cooked the rest of the tomatoes that I had at the time. I made pasta for dinner that night and I still had 3 containers for future, easy meals. They all went into the freezer. 


I went to Aldi for milk and pumpkins. Pumpkins are $2.99 each this week. I got 4. They kids don't care about going pumpkin picking anymore. As long as we go apple picking I am told. We have gone apple picking twice already and are hoping to get a third time in soon. I will cook the pumpkins after Halloween. 


I made cinnamon apples one morning. We were out of apple syrup so I cooked up the cores and peels to make some. It is so easy. 


I got a little over a jars worth. Hubby used some on his waffles the next morning. 


I cleaned out the fridge. I love when it sparkles. 


I got lots of great sales and markdowns. I used coupons and Ibotta to help stock my pantry for the winter. 


I am still dehydrating herbs. 



Hubby did an oil change on his truck. We do our own yard work. It takes time but saves us money. Hubby and I have been going on lots of walks and have even been riding our bikes. All of it is free exercise. 


What frugal things have you been doing lately? 



Comments

  1. this weekend when we went to my 55th hs class reunion, I took food to eat on the way, in the motel, and on the way back. We did pay for our dinner at the reunion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always take food on road trips. It saves so much. I hope you had a nice time at the reunion.

      Delete
  2. Our tomatoes are winding down thank goodness. Still have to make jam to get the upstairs freezer cleaned.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog