Adding to my Pantry: October 9, 2019

We went to upstate NY for part of last week. We wanted to enjoy all of the beautiful fall colors and activities. This will be what I have gotten the last 2 weeks. 


I bought 4 pumpkins from Aldi. They were on sale for $2.99 each. I will cook them up after Halloween. 


Vegetable oil was on sale for $3.49 each, limit 2 so I grabbed them. 


Whole peeled tomatoes were marked down to 21¢ each. I bought all of them. 


Soups were marked down to 67¢. I only grabbed 2 for my son since I don't know if he will like them. I can't eat them because of the sodium and Hubby can't have them because they contain dairy. 


Whole chickens were on sale with a coupon for 69¢ a pound, limit 2. 


Pepsi was on sale for 77¢, limit 4. We host Thanksgiving so I got them early. 


Taco kits were on the marked down rack. We love tacos. 


They were $1.24 each. If the shells are broken, I will make a taco salad with them. 


Hubby's favorite granola bars were marked down to $1.89. He keeps snacks in his desk at work in case he gets stuck working late. 


I got 4 cans of tuna for free with the Starkist class action law suit coupon. It was for $5.03. They were on sale for 4 for $5 so FREE. 


I keep picking tomatoes .


I dehydrated more. I put them in oil after. I did several jars. Some will go in food gift baskets for Christmas. 


I also made sauce and froze some in meal size containers. I dehydrated the peels. Several ladies have mentioned doing it. I then threw them in my food processor. So I can add some to soups for flavoring. 


Mayo was marked down to 94¢. I bought 7. That is even cheaper then Aldi's brand. 





Large bottles of dish soap were reduced to $2.49.


Dish washing pods were also reduced. $2.19 for 24 loads. 


We also got some goodies while we were on vacation. We like to buy food as our souvenirs. 


We went apple picking. We got about 40 pounds of apples. 


Hubby picked out a gallon of real maple syrup. Sorry for the bad picture. When we open this I will can it into smaller jars. 


My son and I each got a jar of honey. We love orange blossom so we got a large jar. We got a smaller one of buckwheat honey. I hope we like it. 


My son also picked out a jelly. 


Lastly we got lots of eggs. A friend has a farm near where we were. We got 6 dozen chicken eggs and a dozen duck eggs. We used a bunch while we were away. I came home with almost 5 dozen eggs. 



What did you add to your pantry this week? 













Comments

  1. You found great deals.
    Your post reminded me that I didn’t receive a Starkist coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mcoia you did so incredibly well with your bargains well done :) .

    In the last two weeks we have picked up -

    - 40 x 600 ml bottles of spring water as a veterans charity bought it for our drought affected area saving us $26 over purchasing it and we needed some for our stockpile. We waited until those who needed the water due to low rainwater tanks got their's in ample quantities.
    - We were given 1.5 dozen eggs free from a friend who had too many.
    - On just over half price sale we purchased 2 kg of lamb mince saving $13.74 on usual prices.
    - Our local supermarket had a 10% off orders online so we topped up on an extra carton of cocoa powder, a carton of tinned lychees, a carton of tinned sliced mangoes, a carton of tinned corn kernels, 2 x 60 pk of freezer bags, 6 x 500g olive oil spread and 6 tins of green beans. All up we saved $26.62 on usual prices.

    Our staples here in Australia never come on sale so we grab any discount vouchers we can when we see them to save on costs. We are now mostly up to a 12 month supply of all our staples we use now too.

    Sewingcreations15 (Lorna).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you got some free water. I hope you get rain soon. Free eggs are always wonderful.

      Delete
  3. My goodness you got some good deals. How wonderful to add to your pantry in such a frugal way.
    Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog