Apple Cider Vinegar Recipe

Apple cider vinegar is easy to make you just need to make it in advance of when you need it because it does take a while.

Ingredients

* apple scraps (cores and peels)
* 2 cups of filtered or bottled water
* 2 Tablespoons of cane sugar

Directions

I use a sterilized quart jar. Fill the jar 3/4 of the way with the apple scraps. Dissolve the sugar into the water. Pour the water over the apple scraps into the jar. Make sure the scraps are completely submerged. If they are not they will mold. Use something on top to keep them submerged. I use a shot glass or glass bowl. Take a coffee filter and put it over the top. Use a canning ring or a rubber band to keep it in place. It needs air so do not put a solid cover on top. Date the coffee filter if you are going to do more then one batch. Store in a dark place that it will not get knocked over. After 4 weeks, strain the apple pieces out. Put them into the compost. Cover the jar again with a coffee filter and put it back into a dark place.  Once a week stir the mixture. Taste it to see if it is the taste you like. It will get more vinegary the longer you let it sit. A "mother" will form on top. That is good. I let my batch sit for another 4 weeks usually. Transfer the ACV into a sealed jar and start enjoying it. 


Comments

  1. Pretty darn easy. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn’t look hard at all....except the part where you leave it in a quiet place where it wont get knocked over🤪🤪for 4 weeks.....I think a project for another season of life for me. I’m glad you could make it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so easy. I need to try and do this soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea that it was so easy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog