Friday Freebies for the end of October

Sorry I haven't been around a lot lately. We have been busy. We went to Massachusetts last weekend to visit Hubby's family. His cousin had surgery and his uncle can't travel so we went to visit them. 


His Aunt G spoils Hubby. She made him a pasta pie. She does when ever we see her. He loves them. 


She gave me these 2 kitchen towels that she makes to use for Christmas. She made matching pot holders with them. I love them. We ate all meals with his family so we didn't have to pay for any. We did bring some gifts and wine for them. 


The garden is still giving me goodies. The kale is back. I picked my first batch yesterday. It went right into the freezer. 


P gives me his older fruit that he isn't going to eat. I froze them for smoothies. 


I went to the bank and took 2 lollipops for P. He loves candy but shouldn't have a lot. 


P treated me to lunch. I brought home half of my salad and my son took it to work the next day. His boss treated him to lunch at work one day also. He saved the lunch he brought for the following day. 


I did a survey for CVS and earned $5. They were having a promo for a free 8x10 so I ordered that and a few extra photos. The gift card covered the cost. They are going to be Christmas gifts. 


I won a $3.90 GC to Walmart from Mars company. I used it on Halloween candy. I got 2 bags for $3 each. I had a $1 off 2 bags. One bag was free and the other was $1.10. Not bad at all. 


Hubby and I stopped at a deli when we were out. We didn't realize that they were about to close. We quickly grabbed a sandwich to go and they offered us the rest of the bagels they had for free. The lady was very nice. We love bagels. 


I got some holiday wrapping paper and stickers in the mail. 


Hubby brought home some leftover snacks from a meeting. 

I went to a library craft class with my neighbor. My girlfriend and I went to the library for a Murder Mystery. It was so much fun. Several people we know where there also. My girlfriend ended up being the killer. I figured it out about a half hour in. I could tell by the way she was acting. It took me a while longer to figure out the reason her character did it. 4 of us guessed correctly. There were about 40 people. We met some really nice people and had a great time. They served snacks and drinks too. 

Did you get any freebies this week?















Comments

  1. Hi Marybeth and good to see you back :) and what a great week of freebies you had.

    I also had a great week of freebies as well being -
    - As I am a taste tester for a supermarket I received a 500 g of organic Turkish figs, a 95g tin of Alaskan wild caught salmon and a Mexican style chicken and salad platter saving $17.20 over purchasing them.
    - I received 2 boxes of free cat food that was being given away saving $36.
    - By buying our e-gift cards from our roadside assist club we got a $9.60 saving or 5% discount which we will use on additional free food for the home.
    - With a supermarket promo of $15 off grocery purchases with a certain amount of purchase I received $30 worth of free groceries.

    Have a wonderful week ahead everyone :) .

    Sewingcreations15 (Lorna).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did really well this week. Being a taste tester must be very interesting. Do you get to try things before they hit the store?

      Delete
    2. Marybeth no the samples are once the products are already introduced into the stores as products and then we put up our thoughts after trying them which are published on their supermarket online grocery site. People who are going to purchase the items can go through the reviews we put up there to gauge whether to buy them or not and they do publish the good and bad reviews although they tend to put the good reviews first I noticed :) . There is a star rating from 1 being the worst to 5 being the best which is under each product on their website.

      It is interesting to be a taste tester for sure and I have had some, but not many really not so good products to try, so gave appropriate honest feedback on what I thought either good or shocking.

      Sewingcreations15 (Lorna)

      Delete
    3. They always put the highest ratings first. They hope you don't scroll done and read the bad ones.

      Delete
  2. Another great week for you. Glad you got to visit with family. The spaghetti pie looks like baked spaghetti that I make. I love it.
    I did get 2 free dinners this week - as I got taken out 2 different days (and one last week).
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great that you went out several times. It is good for you. You need other people around you. We had a great weekend. Went to visit our 2 daughters in Maryland. We left Friday. Working on wedding plans. Every weekend we seem to be going somewhere visiting someone. I need a weekend off.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog