October Garbage Update

I am trying to do a No Waste October. We went away for a few days and that made it a little harder. 


My first complaint is junk mail. A lot of it can be recycled but not this plastic card. They email me the same coupons so why do they have to mail them also. Drives me crazy. There was more junk mail that went into the garbage as well. 


On vacation I brought some single serve snacks. 


They can't be recycled.


Do you see a theme here? Chocolate. I try not to buy single serve snacks often for this reason but clearance candy is a weakness. 


Next up is meat packaging. 


There were more but my hands were a mess so I didn't get pictures. I don't want to touch my phone with raw chicken on my hands. 


While we were away, the store only had potatoes in this bag or individually wrapped. 


We got BK one day on vacation. I drank water from my water bottle so only the wrapper went into the garbage. 


We also got pizza. The paper in the box went into the garbage but I was able to recycle the box. 


Marked down peppers are wrapped in plastic. That went into the garbage. The tray went with my painting supplies. It will get used again before it goes in the garbage. 


I finished some almonds. I did use it to clean up after Oreo when we were out on a walk but you don't need to see that. I also used bread bags. I will use pretty much anything headed for the garbage already. 


My sister gave me 2 cases of dressings in individual servings. They were donated to a charity event she ran. If I didn't take them they would have been thrown away or given to someone else. I hate food waste! I filled up my salad dressing container with these. I would never buy these. 


I opened a new container of Nesquik. 


I opened up a new bottle of vanilla.


I used some non dairy butter for baking. 

I thought I would be having several no garbage days but so far I have only had 1. Doing this challenge has made me really think about everything I buy. There are so many ways to avoid garbage if we just tried a little harder. 














Comments

  1. It is really amazing how much trash we get and have to get rid of. So many things that you think could be recycled - can't. Amazing. That shouldn't even happen today.
    I am glad to have my own produce bags to use at grocery and the .99 bin is all in mesh bags that can be reused. Just soooooo much waste. You are really doing good and thank you for TRYING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is disheartening when you really stop to look at all the things that are not recyclable and all the excessive packaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate all of the extra packaging. Getting a toy for a kid nowadays takes 15 minutes just to get it out of the box.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog