Friday Freebies November 8, 2019


Last weekend Hubby and I went to Maryland to visit our daughters. We stayed at a hotel right near the college. We got a free room upgrade. We were moved to the concierge level. It included free breakfast, free drinks, snacks and a lite dinner. I had brought food for breakfast so I gave some to my daughter and brought the rest home. We are happy to eat free breakfasts. One night we went to the free dinner. There was plenty of food for us to call it dinner. It included hummus and chips, veggies, cheese platter, ravioli, chicken skewers and fruit. I had grilled chicken cutlets at home and brought them with us for dinner. YD was happy to take them to her dorm since we didn't eat them.  


We stopped in several times a day to grab drinks and a snack. 


I also brought home the extra toiletries. 


YD gave me her large pumpkin that she had gotten when she went pumpkin picking with friends. I brought it home and cooked it up. 


We went to the mall with the girls. Hubby and I got free samples. We ate dinner the 2nd night at OD's future in laws. The only meal we paid for was at the mall we treated to lunch. Both other lunches I had packed food. 


DD is doing a contest and I won $5 GC.


I got $5 to Panera from Verizon Up. 



We had our first frost so I picked everything from the garden. 


I have been getting lots of freebies in the mail. 



P got these bags in the mail free. He didn't want them so I took them. I put them in my suitcase to keep items organized. 


He also treated me to pizza one day. 

Did you get any freebies recently?
















Comments

  1. I brought home 7 glasses from the wedding that people did not take. We needed glasses and they were on my list to purchase. I also brought home 7 larger bottles of shampoo and body wash and several bars of soap. Hubs will use these in his shower. We did not eat out at all this week, alwasy a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weekend my sons were all home and we went to visit my mother at her assisted living center. We scheduled it so we could join her for lunch and it was free. She was able to introduce us to all of her friends and "show us off."

    Since it was her birthday, I decided against a frivolous gift and bought her things she could use.
    I went to the dollar store and using coupons, bought her a bag full of shampoo, lotion, toothpaste, soap, hairspray and anything else she might need.

    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure she was so happy to spend the time with you and your sons. As I get older, I realize I like less clutter and more practical gifts.

      Delete
  3. Nice breakfast and food at the hotel. I love how they give such nice breakfasts there nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had a lot of nice choices. We were very happy when we got the free upgrade.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog