Friday Freebies


So I didn't get a lot of freebies this week but that is how it goes sometimes. I am grateful for all of the free items we get all year. They help keep our budget down so that we can save for retirement and college for the kids. When we were driving to go see Jurassic World 2, free with my work tickets, I spotted this on the side of the road with a pile of garbage. One of the wheels is flat but getting a new wheel should be a few bucks. This will be great for moving compost and dirt. Right now I use 5 gallon buckets. 


At work sometimes we are given t-shirts to promote movies. It is optional to wear them. We can wear it or our uniform shirt. On Thursday I was given one so I wore it. I then put it in my wash. Well, I was called in on Friday and it was still in the wash. Some higher ups from our home office were coming in, so they wanted everyone wearing one. So I got a second one. I did tell my manager that I had already gotten one but he said to take another one. I offered it back at the end of my shift but he told me to keep it. So Hubby and I have matching t-shirts. 


I was given a bunch of Stop & Shop coupons from a friend. Each week, for 6 weeks,  there is a free coupon item. We will use this one. It went right into my pantry.


The peppers just keep coming. I also picked several heads of lettuce from my garden. OD sent us home with a cucumber and 2 gallon baggies of arugula from her garden. She has so much arugula, she doesn't know what to do with it all. I shared most of it with some of my friends. 

I treated the kids to Starbucks one day with a gift card that I was given. It was hot and they never ask for take out. I offered and they enjoyed it.

Did you get any freebies this week? Did you get anything from your garden? 


Comments

  1. My tire for my $5 wheelbarrow was $35. That is a good deal to get free t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will not be spending $35 for a wheel. Hubby thinks he may already have one that fits. He will look in the shed. If we can't order one for under $10 we will look around at garage sales and Craigslist until we find something that works.

      I get lots of t-shirts from work. It is a perk of the job. I am usually the one that hands them out so I get first pick. Sometimes we get only kids sizes, sometimes only XL. If my family can't use it I take them to put in movie raffle baskets. I make them about 8 times a year so I try to keep the costs down and a movie t-shirt helps.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mcoia and you did really well with that garden cart trolley we have a couple of them here and they are brilliant and carry so much and we use them for carrying bags of fertiliser, dirt and lots of other things. Is yours a tipping one ?, as ours have a handle near where the handle comes out that you pull and you can tip everything out of them. Might want to check if yours does that too :).

    Our freebies were mainly from the gardens last week lots of cherry tomatoes, some large Money maker tomatoes, some snow and early Massey shelling peas adding up to $58.47 in savings.

    We did get another freebie as a friend lets us cut firewood on his property and we cut 1 cubic metre of iron-bark hardwood firewood from trees he had pushed over 18 months ago saving us $200 in buying the same quantity of firewood locally.

    This week Murphy (bad luck) visited us too but all is good and things have been fixed with a rather large expense on buying more garden equipment but best of all we made it through the week still smiling.

    Sewingcreations15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cart is a tipping one. Hubby showed me how to do it. That will make it so much easier. That is wonderful that your friend let you have all of that wood. That will save you so much money. When I see trees cut down and left on the curb I always grab some for our fire pit. I will not pay for it when I can get it for free.

      I'm sorry you had Murphy visit. I hope you didn't have to spend too much fixing the problem. It is a choice whether to laugh or cry sometimes. I'm glad you came out smiling. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  3. Hi Mcoia and in case your husband does not have a wheel and tyre to fit your garden cart trolley you can buy them on eBay really cheaply (around $10 for the tyre and wheel) and we buy them in sets of 2 as they are cheaper than buying just one and that way we have a spare. Just look under trolley cart tyres on eBay and you will find them. As Linda said if you buy them in the local hardware stores they can run you into about the $35 - $55 price bracket to buy one.

    Just in case you cannot read the size of wheel tyre as they fade over time here is the specs for the replacement wheel and tyre 4.10/3.50/20mm bore.

    We had a friend borrow one of our chainsaws and put contaminated fuel in it when he brought it back and it blew up/seized the chainsaw. The second chainsaw DH when sick put a fuel mix in it with not enough two stroke oil in it and seized that one too. Instead of buying the branded chainsaws as we previously did we purchased a Chinese knock off brand of Stihl (MTM brand) and replaced both with spare chainsaw chains for $438.95. To repair just one of these according to the repair centre would have been more than replacing the 2 of them with brand new ones.

    Incidentally if you are looking for good quality garden equipment that just goes and goes for a really small price I cannot recommend more highly this MTM brand as we have other garden equipment in this brand that we use commercially.

    Our friend will replace the chainsaw and give us the money for the one he put the contaminated fuel in fortunately. As I say things could be worse and coming out smiling at the end of it is the main thing, as yelling at your husband will not change the fact that the chainsaw is ruined at the end of the day.

    Sewingcreations15.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all of the info regarding the wheel. I will pass it on to Hubby. That stinks that both chainsaws went. Like you said, it could be worse. Glad everyone is OK. We share lots of equipment with family and friends and we would replace it if we ever broke it. It's the right thing to do. Mistakes happen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog