Adding to my Pantry


I did really well at Stop & Shop. I am still using the free coupons my friend gave me several weeks ago. The chicken breasts were all marked down to $1.79 a pound. The sausage packages were $2.14 each. I had a coupon for $2 off of $5 from the deli, so I paid $3.19 for 3/4 a pound of cold cuts. Strawberries were on sale with a coupon for $1.47. Corn was on sale 5 for $1. Twizzlers were on sale for $2 and YD requested them. Fig bars were on sale with a coupon for $1.87 each. I had $1 off 2 so that is what I got. The chips were on sale for $1.87. I also got 2 peanut butters on sale $1.88 each and a salad dressing after coupons for 67¢. When I went to type this up I noticed they were not in the picture. They were still in my car. Good thing it wasn't ice cream. 


The cereals were on sale for $2.50 each. I had downloaded a coupon online to save $3.50 on 2.  That brought them down to 75¢ each. I then had a manufactures coupon save 75¢ on 2 which doubled making the cereals free! I love when that happens. My kids love it to because it means I get them cereal. 


The potatoes were regularly $4.99. I had a coupon to get them free. I would never pay that much for a 2 pounds of potatoes. I also has a $5 off $25 so that brought my total to $31.73. 



My garden is going crazy with the high heat and lots of rain. 




I took whatever we didn't eat with us on vacation. i don't need to buy veggies when I am growing them. I sliced up 2 cucumbers to snack on in the car. 



I went to get cold cuts that were on sale to make sandwiches for the road at Stop & Shop on Friday before we left. I ending up getting some great deals on the clearance rack. I didn't bring the receipt so I don't remember what I paid for everything. I did use a coupon for $2 off $5 for produce and a $5 off $25 order. 


Crushed boxes don't stop me. 


I had a free coupon for a case of water. We brought this on vacation with us to use in the car and on walks/hikes. 


This was my Friday Freebie digital coupon. I have never had it before but I will try it for free. Anyone ever have it?

Did you add anything to your pantry this week?

Comments

  1. Good shopping. I just love mark downs - they sure can stretch the budget and give us a chance to really stock up.
    I have been busy canning - so that is adding to my pantry.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canning is s great way to add to your pantry. Stay cool.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mcoia and you did really well. Unfortunately free cereal and discounts rarely happen here in Australia but we do get 50% off specials and I usually add another 5% off discount with our roadside club card making it 55% off usual prices.

    Just noticed that our local supermarket has our 16.66% off grocery vouchers available again so we are waiting for DH's tax refund to come in and will purchase 6 x $240 e-vouchers for $200 ea being $1200 which we are planning to use for 6 months groceries if all goes to plan. These can be used over 3 years and of course I will wait for good 50% off weekly sales on the things we stock and use regularly making a total discount of 66.66% off usual prices. We shall update you on these when we buy them and what I use them on to top up our pantry with.

    Last week we added to our pantry by -

    - Separated out 239 g of rosemary picked and dried from the gardens saving $35.61 over purchasing in the local supermarket. Some we will use here and most we will sell on the internet.
    - Picked 1.1 kg of cherry tomatoes from the gardens which we have frozen for meals saving $13.20 over purchasing them in the local supermarkets.
    - Harvested 2.165 kg of broccoli from the gardens saving $16.24 over purchasing similar organic produce in the local supermarkets.
    - Purchased 1 kg of organically grown Ceylon True cinnamon powder online on eBay saving $64.08 over purchasing it in smaller quantities in the local supermarket.

    For the gardens and advanced stock equipment we purchased -

    - 20 x silicone sound deadening ear plugs on eBay we use for chainsawing, whipper snippering and use of electrical equipment saving $143.14 over purchasing them in the local hardware store for the same product.

    Hope everyone has likewise had a wonderful week in stocking their pantries and other needed items.

    Sewingcreations15 (Lorna).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful that you are able to get more discounted vouchers. I know you will stretch them to add so much to your pantry. That is great that your broccoli is doing so well. Your eBay savings is amazing. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
    2. I have never heard of the bruschetta chicken spice. It does sound interesting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog