Friday Freebies


Sorry this is late but that is what happens when you are on vacation. We were traveling home yesterday so it was busy. We had to pick up Oreo, unpack , do laundry, and pick veggies from the garden so there just wasn't time to do a post.  


My best freebie of the week was the time share. It is my sister's and she doesn't use it often. She refuses to take anything from us to use it since we watch her dog for her. It is very generous of her and we appreciate it. It makes it very affordable for us to travel by using it. This time we went to Vacation Village in the Berkshires. It was a beautiful resort. We had a 2 bedroom unit with 2 living areas, 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies and a full kitchen and mini kitchen. It can be used as 2 separate units so the kids had kind of their own place which they liked. It sleeps 8 so there was a ton of room for the 4 of us. 


There were lots of things to do at the resort. We did have to pay a $25 fee when checking in for WiFi and associated fees, whatever that is. We made sure to use all of the things available to us for free. They had a beautiful fire pit that we went to several times. We meet lots of other families some that lived very close to us. It was a great way to spend an evening. We also did lots of star gazing. We love to do it since there is so much light pollution on Long Island that you can barely see any. The kids pulled star maps up on their phones and we could know what we were looking at. It was wonderful. 


There was a movie theater there. YD and I went and watched Jumanji 2 on a rainy night. We went to watch The Greatest Showman too one night but it was full and we would have had to sit on the floor. We both already saw it so we went and sat at the fire pit and played some Foosball and ping pong instead. We went on the swings, went swimming, used the hot tubs, and enjoyed they free beverages in the mornings. 


We did do several hikes and walks. They are free and we got to see some amazing sights. There are tons of waterfalls all around the area. 

 

Before we left I got some freebies from the store. I got a case of water that we brought away with us and 


 a package of chicken bruschetta .


I picked veggies before we left and brought them with us. 


We did do some food shopping while away. We picked up ice cream and the store brand cones were buy one get one free so we got them as they were they cheapest. 


I  did bring home some free stuff from the time share. We had our towels exchanged one day and the lady also gave us more coffee and cleaning supplies. I brought home what we didn't use. We also used the free laundromat on premises. I brought detergent with me. Why use my water and electricity when I can do it there. I did 3 loads throughout the week.  


When we picked up Oreo from my sister, so no dog sitting costs, she gave us some leftover cupcakes that she had. 


I came home to all of these wonderful veggies. My friend watched the house and garden. I told her to take whatever she wanted. She said that she took a ton of stuff but there was too much for the 3 of them. My crisper was full. 


I went out and picked some more veggies when I got home. The tomatoes are ready and I have to start making and canning sauce. There are lots of cucumbers too so I will be making pickles soon. 

What freebies did you get this week? How is your garden?



Comments

  1. wow, what a nice week and so frugal too. That is neat there was so much to do. Glad you had a great time - it sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mcoia that is so kind of your sister to let you use the time share when she is unable to and it lets your family have a very cheap holiday in a lovely spot. Your garden is producing so well and no doubt saving you a fortune in buying vegetables.

    This week our freebies included -

    - $240 in free groceries after buying 6 x $240 e-vouchers for $200 from eBay for our local grocery store. We will couple these as we use them with weekly specials we use to save more.

    - Separated 239 g of dried rosemary picked and dried from the gardens and used some fresh for a pork roast dinner and harvested 2.165 kg of broccoli and 1.1 kg of cherry tomatoes from the gardens. We blanched and froze the broccoli giving us 6 meals and did the same with the tomatoes although we are yet to bag them to know how many meals we have from them.

    Have a great week ahead everyone :).

    Sewingcreations15.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got away for a vacation. My sister has a time share, too, as does my aunt. They have both generously shared time with us in the past. I love the time-share resorts because they seem to have every single thing a person could want. Of course, every one is different, but I have enjoyed each one we have visited. I always do my laundry while I'm there, as well, and love not having to face that pile once I get home.

    I'm glad you are getting some produce. This is such a great time of year as far as gardens are concerned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great that you are able to use your sister's and aunt's timeshares. They did have everything we needed so it was a great week. I love all of your fruits and vegetables on your blog. They looked beautiful. You will be eating well this fall.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog