My Frugal List: Week of November 12, 2018

I was not feeling great this week. I had a cold, cough and sore throat. My throat is all better but I now have no voice which my kids think is great. I didn't go to the doctor. I used OTC medicines that I have gotten on sale/with coupons. I used the organic honey (that I bartered) in hot water with some lemon to ease my throat. I only called out from work for 1 shift. 


We have been eating some frozen meals from the freezer. Before I got sick, I had cooked a large package of chicken thighs. Hubby used some of the leftover ones to make a big patch of chicken noodle soup. He used chicken broth and celery from the freezer. He also surprised me and bought me a quart of egg drop soup (my favorite) one day.


Before I was sick, I cooked another pumpkin. I have been mixing some in with Oreo's food. It is great for her coat and she loves it. 


We had plans to eat at a friend's house. I insisted that Hubby still go. He had a great time and they sent home a bunch of food with him. 


Another friend heard I was under the weather so she dropped off some soup for me. We have been very well fed and I haven't cooked since Wednesday. 


I did go food shopping earlier in the week. My best deals were I got 2 turkeys for 39¢ a pound with a $25 purchase. They were both around 20 pounds. I got 30 canned veggies for 39¢ each.


I got 10 packs of hot chocolate for 49¢ a box. I bought 4 boxes. Some of them are going in mugs that YD got at $ Tree as presents to teachers and friends. 


Hubby did all of the yard cleanup. He mulched lots of the leaves and layed them on my garden for the winter. 

My son ran to BJ's for me on Friday. We only needed milk, soy milk and sour cream. 

I got several freebies last week.


Hubby and I paid all of our bills online saving us 6 stamps which is $3.

I sold several items on eBay. I shipped them out in envelopes that were used. I listed several more items with free listing offers. 

What did you do that was frugal? 





Comments

  1. Hope you are feeling better. How nice that others took such good care of you.
    Take care and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am very blessed to have such a good family and caring friends.

      Delete
  2. I hope you're on the mend! It seems like the colds and illnesses have been flying fast and furious already this year. Very nice that your friends kept you well fed!!!

    I'm pretty happy that I managed to feed us either via leftovers or a cooked dinner all throughout our hectic week last week. It sometimes seems ridiculous to be considering dinner at 9 am, but that's what has to happen if I want to avoid spending money on takeout. We did grab some food when my husband's sister came over to hang out, but that was planned. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think about dinner even earlier. If I am using my crock pot, I need to load it up before work.

      Delete
  3. Hope you are over the crud. I always love to read how well you do on savings, it is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you haven't been feeling well Mcoia but you are indeed blessed to have such wonderful love and support from your family :). Get better soon !. You did well picking up all those specials too.

    Our savings last week added up to $505.81 last week :).

    Purchases -
    - Bought a 7 pin flat - 7 pin small round trailer adaptor on eBay using a $10 off purchase voucher saving $28.90 over buying it locally.
    - Purchased 3 x $240 for $200 Woolworths grocery e-vouchers off eBay saving $120 on grocery costs. I will of course couple this with any half price specials that I find to save more on items we use.

    Sales -
    - Made $48.90 from sales from my eBay store which we used for a few things for the home.

    In the gardens -
    - Saved from divisions 6 thyme plants, 6 calla lilies, 6 of each yellow and tigerlily orange canna lilies, 3 lemon grass, and 6 more rosemary cuttings from the gardens saving $307.76 over purchasing them locally. These will be starts for our new home gardens.

    Home & garden organisation and moving -
    - We have now packed 3/4's of the house into marked boxes.
    - I cleaned out the inside of cupboards as we emptied them.
    - All of our grass clippings have now been used to heavily mulch all the remaining garden beds to stop weeds growing before we leave. We also weeded them all and I pruned back the tea roses.

    In the kitchen -
    - Cooked a double batch of chocolate and coconut queen biscuits saving $14.03 over purchasing them.
    - Made a large bacon and silver beet quiche from eggs given to us, pastry we made from food storage and silver beet from the gardens saving around another around $20 over purchasing it.

    Have a wonderful week ahead everyone :).


    Sewingcreations15 (Lorna).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog