Friday Freebies


Hubby went out to lunch with his department to celebrate the end of the year. They went to a very nice steakhouse. His company paid for it. Hubby brought home his leftovers.


His office has been having lots of end of year meetings. Pizza has been served numerous times. Hubby grabbed some of the leftovers one day. This was YD heating it up for dinner the next night. There was also some salad piazza leftover. I ate it but I don't understand it.


We finished the hot chocolate at work but there was whipped creams leftover. The kids enjoyed trying them but they are not something I would buy.


I also brought home more butter. They never keep it for the next meeting. I don't understand why, but I am happy to take it home. This went into my freezer.


My office got a box of DVDs and Blu-rays. I was not there when it came in but one of the managers was nice enough to put these in my desk for me. They will both become gifts.


Hubby replaced 2 of my tires on my car. The shop offered us a calendar. We both wanted a different one so the manager offered us both. I never buy myself a calendar. I always get them free every year. So many places give them out.


I used more ECBs at CVS. There was a $4 off any allergy medicine coupon and 25¢ coupon off the dish soup on my card. We will use both of these easily.


We are still getting the free bagels everyday from Panera.


My sister gets lots of baskets gifted to her this time of year. She always shares with use.


The chocolate is already gone, the meringues YD took to work, and the pears were eaten the next day.


We ran out of espresso beans at work so I ran to Starbucks to get more. They had a promo buy 2 bags of coffee, get a free bag. I bought 4 bags so I got 2 free.


We got Bumblebee t-shirts for employees to wear at work. I was happy to get one.


One of the guys I work with played the crane game and won this. He then gave it to me because I like Chris Hemsworth. I don't think it looks like him. Into the gift closest it went. 


A co-workers grandmother passed away earlier this year. She was a big knitter. My co-worker and her family are finally cleaning out her house. I was given 12 boxes of yarn. I kid you not. There has got to be over 500 skeins of yarn. I will be sharing these with friends and family. The lady had 3 rooms of yarn. They are on the 2nd room now. 


My friend is super talented and crochets the most beautiful pieces. My favorite color is purple so that is what she used. She made me 2 pillows (my son stole one) and a beautiful blanket. They are so soft. I was using them watching TV with Hubby last night. Homemade gifts are truly the best.  


Did you get any freebies this week?

Comments

  1. Wow Mcoia and you have done really well with your freebies this week :). I am sure all of that wool will come in handy to make lots of lovely things.

    This week our freebies were -
    - 3 dozen eggs from a friend who had too many.
    - $40 worth of free groceries we got using our grocery e-voucher. I used the $40 to top up on tinned fruits.

    We have now moved into our new to us home on the 11th but it didn't settle until the 19th of December. Still unpacking but slowly finding places for everything and doing tree and shrub trimming to tidy up the property a bit.

    Have a great week :).

    Sewingcreations15 (Lorna)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on moving into your new home. I am so happy for you. I know how hard you have worked for it. What a way to end 2018. Free food is my favorite. Great job. Have a wonderful Christmas in your new home.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Mcoia we are excited too and well worth the sacrifices to get here :).

      DH and I would like to wish you, your extended family and fellow bloggers a very happy Christmas.

      Heading out shopping on Christmas Eve as we have heard a local supermarket has huge discounts then. Hopefully we will be able to fill our freezer with discounted meats and dairy.

      Sewingcreations15 (Lorna)

      Delete
    3. Thank you. Good luck. I hope you are able to fill your freezers. It always makes me happy.

      Delete
  2. I can't imagine having that many knitting supplies! Wow!! I received lovely homemade treats from my manager on Thursday night. We were flying to Portland the next morning, so I made room for them in my suitcase, & the kids were thrilled. She's Australian, and made a couple of traditional Australian holiday treats. The chocolate slice is amazing! We haven't tried the Christmas Chutney, but will also give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was very organized with it all. It was amazing how much there was. Several people are taking some from them. I am sharing with several people also. Enjoy Portland. Have a wonderful Christmas.

      Delete
  3. I brought home leftover pizza as well as a bunch of candy from a gift basket.
    Some 1850 K cups came in the mail. I think it was a Pinch me sample
    Had a free lunch at Olive Garden
    Picked up the last 3 Friday Freebies from Kroger’s
    Swagbucks has an offer to buy Coffemate Creamer at Walmart Online (11.00) get 22.50 back ..free money is always good
    It’s been a good week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did great this week. Free money is wonderful. Have a Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  4. WOW what a great week. Lots of fantastic goodies.
    Oh my on all that yarn! That is a huge amount of money - wonderful that you are sharing and blessing others.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog