My Frugal Weeks: November 26 and December 3, 2018

It has been a very busy few weeks. Between work, getting ready for the holidays, vertigo and doctor's appointments, I just haven't had time to write. Sorry about that. I am doing much better and am glad that it happened when it did and not at Thanksgiving. Youngest daughter and I did finish decorating the inside of the house. We have been listening to lots of Christmas music from Amazon Music. It really is starting to feel like Christmas. Yah!


My OD got a free bagel everyday for the month of December. The one that was near her work closed so she told me to use it. My son has been getting it whenever he works. Otherwise I stop in. We get free drinks because he works there. This was my lunch one day with an apple I brought while I was out Christmas shopping. 


I have been cooking lots of pumpkins. I have been making muffins and sending them to work and school. I also gave some to my chiropractor.


Our outside light broke. Hubby fixed it and a bathroom outlet that pops often. He had YD do it with him so that she could learn. 

Christmas presents have been bought on sale with coupons, rebates and free shipping. I have been wrapping everything in paper that I trashed picked after last Christmas. All gift bags and boxes were from previous years. 


I used a dog food bag as the kitchen garbage for several days.

I made more dog food for Oreo. She loves it. 

I have made several GF items for YD. I am learning. She loves the bread and cookies so far. 


I brought home bagels, muffins and butter from a work meeting. I used the bagels as an easy lunch as pizza bagels. 

Most meals were cooked at home. Hubby and I got Greek one night since we were the only ones home. We only got one entree and shared. We watched a Christmas movie on Netflix.


I went to my second dental cleaning for the year and got some goodies. Good teeth are very frugal.


I even got some crafting in when I wasn't feeling well. I bring the corks home from work for art projects. Everything was in my craft closet. 

What have you been doing recently to stay frugal?








Comments

  1. I love the tree. Good for you using up what you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We got it on sale after Christmas about 12 years ago.

      Delete
  2. All those muffins look great! This seems to be the time for baking around here, too. Right now, I've got cookies in the oven because we have company coming tomorrow.

    Rob (my husband) has whatever kid he is with wrap presents--when he is working with my autistic niece, there is nothing she likes better and it's a fun, free, and non-electronic activity she enjoys:). Our youngest daughter loves it, too, and wrapped quite a few last night. We are using wrapping bought on clearance sometime in the past few years and boxes that my sister gets when she orders things on-line. Even though we also have quite a few recycled gift bags, this serves 2 purposes, so it's what he's choosing to do this year.

    We cut down the gift giving a bit this year, but have a thoughtful present for each one that we are giving a gift to. Even though we have a lower income this year than last, so therefore needed to cut it down, we'd rather give a smaller, often homemade gift than no gift at all to many we love. My husband has made some beautiful cutting boards from old pallets and scrap wood he picked up from bins at the wood places in town. I've done some sewing and bargain shopping. I am pleased with what we got. Now, we just need to deliver the gifts to those we won't see and finish up with odds and ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you made some wonderful gits. I would rather have homemade gifts any way. It makes me think of that person whenever I use the item. Lots of baking happening here. Hoping we all don't gain to much weight.

      Delete
  3. I did a first today. We need a new gate for our field fence and have bartered a deal for someone else to install it for us. We went to the hardware store which the workman chose because we could get a 15% discount if we put it on his business account. The store said he would need to come in and verify the purchase (even though we paying but he was picking it up). I thanked the sales lady and then declined. We sat down in the store's rocking chairs and called the surrounding hardware stores for price quotes. The saleslady heard my husband and I discussing the options and returned to say the manager offered us a 5% discount if we would use their store. Since their prices were already a few dollars cheaper, we agreed.

    This new fancy smart phone has been hard for a non-technical person like me to learn how to work, but today I realized it will soon pay for itself.

    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog