November Goals Updated

Another month gone. The year is almost over. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope all of you did too. 
Financial
- Put 15% into retirement. Thank you 401K Plan
- Grocery Budget of $400 average for the year This is not happening. YD is now on a GF diet and she is feeling so much better. GF is not cheap. 
- List 25 new items on eBay and Craigslist. I have listed over 50 items. I sold 18 so I am happy with that.
- Work extra shifts when available. I did work a few extra shifts. I could have worked even more but with OD visiting and life, I chose not too
- Go over our budget with Hubby Did it!
- Go over the kids budgets with each of them. Done
- YD apply for scholarships. She keeps working on these as she has time. 
- Pay my life insurance (I pay once a year) It is paid.
- Pay our portion of YD senior trip. Done!

Garden   
- Dehydrate/dry more herbs. I did dry more parsley. The plants are now inside and we are using them fresh. 
- Put leaves and cut grass on garden beds Hubby and our son did this.
- Wrap fruit trees. Hubby did it.

Family
Go on a date with Hubby Hubby and I went shopping several times alone. We also went out to the farm stands.
- Celebrate Thanksgiving at our house. We all ate way too much. 
- OD come for a visit. She did!

Christmas
- Make homemade Christmas gifts. I did but can't talk about them here. 
- Do Christmas card picture when OD is home It was discussed and we decided not to do a picture this year for Christmas cards.
- Put up tree when OD is home. We did it. We had to work around everyone's schedule but we got it done!
- Go Christmas shopping. Almost Done!
- Wrap what I have. I have been wrapping in the evening. There are gifts already under the tree.

Personal
- Facetime with OD every week. We haven't Facetimed every week but we talk almost everyday.
- Read 2 books I have been too busy
- Make someone a meal that needs it. I treated a friend to dinner. She was having some problems and wanted to go out to talk. I used a gift card I had to pay. 
- Write 2 cards or letters. I sent a card to my aunt
- Get cleaning at dentist All done. No cavities!

Cleaning
- Get the house ready for Thanksgiving Did a lot of deep cleaning and shampooed the carpets.

Food
- Get several turkeys cheap for the freezer I got 3 for the freezer and 1 to eat on Thanksgiving for 39¢ a pound
- Stock up on sale items. I got some great deals this month. 
- Do one meatless meal a day. This is easy now
- Do one day a week with no meat at all. We did it 4 times
- Try 2 new recipes.  We did 2 GF bread recipes and 2 GF cookie recipes
- Get another pantry item to 6 months. The 3 turkeys will last me 6 months since I usually do one every other month. I got tons of candy marked down so it might last that long if I show some control. 
- No food waste. I didn't throw anything away. Oreo did get a few items getting close to being garbage but having a dog really helps cut down on food waste.

Auto
- Find a new to us car for YD She loves it

How did you do with your goals for November?

Comments

  1. A lot of purple there - WTG, You did a fantastic job. Hope December is just as good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My DD is gluten free after a year of being sick and going to so many doctors, turns out she has Hashimotos and the GF has been amazing for her. She doesn’t eat here everyday but I’m trying to learn more and help her out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the figured out how to help your DD. YD loved the 2nd bread recipe and several other items she has tried out. There is so much information out there thankfully.

      Delete
  3. GF is NOT cheap! Tell me about it:). As one sister said at Thanksgiving, "we are all such high maintenance eaters now" since 2 sisters and our mother are all gluten-free. Mom is also dairy free. There is still one sister who isn't, and she piles on the whole wheat with no problems at all. But, there is such a difference in how we feel without it that it's worth the extra cost. It does make it difficult to stay within budget, though.

    What I do is try to eat as many regular foods that are naturally gluten-free as I can, bake my own things like quick breads and muffins, buy a loaf or bread or package of buns and freeze them right away and only pull out one occasionally. We end up eating lots of lettuce-wrapped burgers, plain hamburger patties on a plate, chicken, fish, etc. and add brown rice, or potatoes, or some other gf grain, along with lots and lots of veggies. We eat lots and lots of salad. Litehouse dressings are gf, as are Marie's dressings. There are several good gf pastas out there (we love Tinkyada and Jovial Foods especially), but the carb count is extremely high, so we limit them. (It's quite complicated around here since I'm diabetic and my husband is losing weight, but we are working it out). We use Pamela's pancake and baking mix for lots of things and Bob's Red Mill one-to-one flour for lots and lots. I have every kind of gf flour imaginable in a bin, but find myself returning to those 2 over and over. We do use sweet rice flour for thickening gravy, and cornstarch for puddings and sauces.

    I've found that once I got my supply built up of the various flours, it wasn't so bad each month to keep the supply up since I don't bake all that much. Still, it can be between $10 and $15 to get one nice large bag of either Pamela's or Bob's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the info. We also have several restrictions to work around. I am low sodium and Hubby is allergic to dairy. It just blows my mind who much more expensive GF foods are. Thankfully YD and I love to bake but the flour is crazy expensive. I did freeze everything right away and I labeled them GF so that not one else will eat thrm.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog