Friday Freebies


Hubby had to buy some new equipment from Best Buy for work. He used my rewards card(work doesn't have one) and we earned $60 in rewards dollars. Hubby has been wanting an amp for his truck so he used some of the rewards. He had them ship it to the store so that was free too. He is hoping to install it this weekend. 


He also brought home leftovers from work. I made bread pudding from the bread. It was stale. My son and I enjoyed the pizza several days for lunch. Hubby got a free lunch and a free dinner at work due to meetings. He also earned a very generous dinner voucher for 2. He has been working some late nights and  weekends doing upgrades. His boss was really thankful. We are going out this weekend. Can't wait. 


Did you get the free candles I told you about. We did. 


We each got a coupon for a free candle with any purchase. 

So we went back this week and got them. They are great for gifts.  We did get 4 but my son took one upstairs in his room and starting burning it right away. It smelled really good. 


After we got the candles, I treated YD and I to a slice of GF cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. The pieces are huge.  I have several gift cards for there. They have 2 different kinds of GF cheesecake so we got the Godiva slice. I have had it before not realizing it was GF. YD had never had it before.  We enjoyed our snack. 


A friend and I went to the library for a Seinfeld Trivia night. We were put on a team with 3 other people. They were packed. 11 teams in total. Then they had to turn people away. It was a new type of event so they were worried that they wouldn't even get 4 teams. Boy were they wrong. They served water, soda,  chips, pretzels and cookies. They also had prizes. We didn't win anything but we did enjoy the snacks and had a great time. I picked up more DVDs, books and magazines this week too at the library. 


My son went in 2 hours early for work one day and stayed late an hour and a half another. He got 2 free meals. He had already eaten dinner(he brought it) the day he stayed late so he brought the free meal home. He gave me the soup since it is one of my favorites.


I got a $10 off $10 coupon from Kmart. I shopped and got several items. The coupon would not work. The manager came over and was very helpful. She said I couldn't use it on groceries. I told her that the coupon didn't say that. Sometimes it does. She read my coupon and it did not say that. So she called the help center. They were no help. 20 minutes later and they did nothing. She read to them the coupon and they said it says groceries. She repeatedly told them that it did not. The coupon is on my phone. There is a link that takes you to the terms of the coupon. It was in very clear black and white. They would not let her override it. She and I were very frustrated. She apologized and I told her she did everything she could. I cancelled that order. I asked what could I use it on. She said household and clothing. I grabbed a towel and washrag that were on sale. I paid 9¢ after the coupon. I will give them to YD to take away to college with her. 


I got several freebies in the mail. Hubby will use this razor. I put it in his travel bag for next time he goes away.  


This lasted about 2 hours in the house. I put it on the kitchen counter to show YD. It is GF and we were talking about making quinoa just the other day. She heated it up and ate half as a snack. She took the rest with her lunch the next day. 


Oreo had to get a booster from the vet. She is good now for 6 months. They were giving out free bandannas to the dogs. We picked purple. She loves it. 


We went to see my sister's new house. It is amazing. We ate lunch there and she sent us home with leftovers that were GF  for YD. She also sent us home with the cake that is not GF so I took one for the team and ate it. I crack myself up sometimes.

Did you get any freebies this week?  








Comments

  1. Good on you for taking one for the team. lolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mcoia it was lovely for your husband to be recognised for his hard work with a meal voucher you can both use. Such a lot of freebies you got which is fabulous :). Good on you for taking one for the team :) and I imagine it was enjoyable too.

    This week our freebies were 2 dozen eggs from friend that has too many of them and we will put them go great use.

    Have a great week ahead :).

    sewingcreations15 (Lorna).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby's company is great. They do this type of thing fairly often. I know you will put those eggs to good use. You always do. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  3. You always have the best freebie weeks. You sure are lucky

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog