My Mother's Day 2019

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I did. I got to spend the day with Hubby, my son and youngest daughter. They both took the day off of work to be with me. OD and I will celebrate when I see her next.  We did get to talk and she sent me a beautiful card. 


My son and YD made me breakfast. YD made chocolate chip pancakes (plain for Hubby) and my son made the bacon. They did the full clean up too. 


Oreo got me some flowers for my garden with help from Hubby. Hubby got me a caramel apple with chocolate and peanuts. I love them. I ate it without taking a picture. Both of the kids at home gave me a lunch date with them which is my favorite gift. I love spending time with them. 


Hubby made Chicken Marsala with asparagus and pasta for dinner. It is my favorite meal that he makes and it is so good. Both of the kids helped make it and did the whole cleanup. There were plenty of leftovers for the next day's dinner so I didn't have to cook Monday night. The small pan of chicken is the GF version for YD. YD made a batch of brownies with walnuts and my son made chocolate mint chip cookies for dessert. 


At night we went to see Avengers: Endgame. It was so good. We got the passes for free from a manager that I used to work with. We brought our own drinks and some of the marked down candy I had gotten last week. I brought an Almond Joy for the manager that gave me the passes as a thank you because I know they are his favorite. He was thrilled. 

It was cold and rainy here so we didn't get to do any garden work. Usually everyone helps me with my garden on Mother's Day. They all promised to help another day. 


Since we had some time, I asked Hubby if he would run to target with me. Remember the Fun in the Sun basket I won last Friday? Well there was a receipt in it for everything in it. It was a nice basket but there was nothing in it that I needed. I would rather have the money. So in the pouring rain we went to Target. 


I got $143.64 on a gift card. Hubby needed some new pants for work so we looked around. 


He found a pair and also a pair of jeans on sale. He is allowed to wear jeans on Fridays and at work sites. 


I then got some items that were on sale and that we needed. 


Because it was Mother's Day, they also had a free sample table set up. The lady running it was super nice and told Hubby he could have some too. YD took several from me as a soon as I offered them. 

I still have a lot left on the gift card. There is nothing that we need so I will probably use it on groceries over the next few weeks. 

My son took me to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants for lunch on Monday. 


I got a French Dip with a salad. I brought half of the sandwich home with some fries and had it for lunch on Tuesday. We had a great time talking. We wanted to walk around Main Street but it was raining pretty bad so we only went 2 blocks. 

The kids and Hubby spoiled me. It was a great few days. I'm still enjoying my brownies and cookies. 






Comments

  1. You are super spoiled my dear and you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW meals cooked and clean-up done is a wonderful gift! All the nice things you got after returning items - impressive. So happy they made your day a special one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really did. Just being together was great. With them working and YD still in school it is rare for us to get the whole day together.

      Delete
  3. I never imagined that gift basket cost THAT MUCH! lolz I probably would have turned it into a gift card too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people don't shop sales. When I saw the receipt I knew I would rather have the credit then the basket. I can stretch that money a lot further with sales and coupons for items we will use.

      Delete
  4. So nice! FYI, that No.7 serum (in the green packet) is my favorite - I used to spend a ton on Murad anti aging serum and I've found that one is just as good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. Hubby didn't grab that one so I only have one.

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful Mother's Day! The Chicken Marsala looks so good. And how neat that you were able to return the items to Target and get the gift card. I love that. :) I hope you have a grat weekend and the rain lets up some too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog