Trying to make sense of this crazy world we live in while being frugal.
Girl Friends are the Best !
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
My girl friend got me these beautiful roses. They are so beautiful and smell amazing. I have 4 biological sisters and I love them very much, but my girl friends are the sisters that I get to choose.
I hope everyone is healthy and doing alright with our new normal. When the weather permits I have been out side working on the gardens. My kale never died the winter because it was so mild. It recently started growing again. I was able to pick a nice bunch this morning. I will be incorporating it into our meals this week. YD loves smoothies and always tosses some kale in. The gardening season has finally begin! Have you harvested anything from your garden yet this year?
One of my goals for 2018 was to cut my grocery budget. That includes food, cleaning supplies, toiletries, and paper products. Oreo has her own budget so none of her stuff is in there. Also all medications are in the medical budget. I had set a goal of $400 a month. I was doing really well until about October when we learned my youngest daughter has a gluten intolerance. GF food is not cheap. We ended up spending $5190.55 for the year. That comes to $432.54 a month. So I went over by $390.55. This is for 4 adults. That comes to $108.13 a person per month. With 3 people with different food issues, I think we did really well. We like to eat and we eat really well. No one in this house is deprived. My waist line can attest to that. According to the USDA, my family is far below the thrifty plan . For a family of 4 they say that we should be spending around $700. So as long as I stay below the thrifty plan, I am happy. I did manage to add a lot to my ...
I have been working at a movie theater for the past 13 years. I started when my YD was still at home. I had been babysitting a friend's daughter and she had started school. We needed the money so I got a part time job there for nights and weekends. It worked for us because Hubby watched the kids. I didn't have to pay anyone and I didn't want a stranger watching my kids. When YD started school, I transitioned from nights to days. But I still had to work weekends and holidays. The movie theater is open 365 days a year. We have only been closed on 1 day since I started, Super Storm Sandy and that was because the state mandated it. We are open every holiday, every snow storm, everyday. When I took the job, I knew that. I signed paperwork saying I would work weekends and holidays, that I had a reliable car and could get there in any weather. 13 years is a long time. I have seen many changes there over the years, some good, mostly bad. There are only 7 people in the theater...
Beautiful flowers
ReplyDeleteThey brighten up the house.
DeleteBeautiful roses.
ReplyDeleteEvery morning I tell myself to stop and smell the roses.
Delete