1 Year Blogging Anniversary

A year ago I started blogging. I didn't know if anyone out there would be interested in what I had to say. Since a bunch of you have hung around and visit me regularly, I guess you do. It has been a learning process for sure. Hubby helps with the IT part so that makes my life much easier. Thanks for sticking around. I love chatting with all of you. Lets see where year 2 takes me. 

My five favorite posts this year were:

#5 Free Donuts. Who wouldn't love a box of free donuts. 

#4 Do you have a budget? Hubby and I really believe that a budget can help everyone with their finances. 

#3 Cost of foods according to the USDA Our groceries/household items for 2018 averaged a little over $400 a month. So we are on the super thrifty plan. 

#2 I Quit My Job! I am loving being home full time. 

#1 Welcome to the family. Have you met my granddogger Ruby? She is a beauty.


5 things you might not know about me:

1. I have blue eyes. They are my best feature in my opinion. 

2. I have 4 sisters and no brothers. I am #4 in the line up. I was the baby for 11 years until my little sister was born. I did not like being dethroned.

3. I am an animal lover. I like all animals. I don't have fears when it comes to animals. Spiders and bugs don't bother me. I have held a tarantula and was fine with it. I always volunteer when they want someone to hold an animal. I have held baby crocodiles and boa constrictors.  Dogs are by far my favorite. I have never met a dog I didn't like (wish I could say that about people). My sister says I am a dog whisperer because all dogs like me. 

4. I didn't graduate from college. I went to school and left because I was having OD. I looked into going back and got pregnant with my son. At this point in my life I have no interest in going back. 

5. I am loud. I have always been loud. The happier I am the louder I get. I guess that is because I have 4 sisters. They are pretty loud too. I'm just the loudest. And I love to talk. I could talk all day. Good thing hubby is a great listener. 

Any suggestion for what I should write about this year? What posts did you like best? Any posts that you want to see more of?

Comments

  1. I enjoy reading your blog very much. It's fun to see what bargains you've found and what you've cooked.
    It is so much fun to find online communities that are full of fellow thrifty people.
    Thanks so much for the hard work you put into your blog.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I only have one thrifty friend so it is nice to have so many online.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you are only a rear old. I love your blog and I am so happy you started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the anniversary! I can't believe it's been a year already! I love your blog and I think you do an amazing job with it and frugality in general!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love your blog too. We aren't that far from each other. My 2 sisters live up near you.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your blogiversary! So many bloggers come and go. The fact that you are still blogging after an entire year speaks volumes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mcoia and happy 1st blogging anniversary :) and I have to say you are doing really well .

    I cannot offer any suggestions on improvements but do offer encouragement to you to carry on doing the great job you are doing.

    It is really important to have places where we can all go to encourage each other and be there for the good and bad times in everyone's lives. Also the tips and hints we all share help to keep our budgets lower and more manageable.

    I re-read the cost of foods according to the USDA and my response and I have to say I have reduced our budget down to $240 a month including $40 for pantry stocking for a 2 adult household. We average closer to the $200 mark each month than the $240. It is good to know our other $40 is there so we can stock up if we see a good specials though.

    Like yourself our food costs here in Australia are very expensive.

    Have a great week ahead :) .

    Sewingcreations15 (Lorna).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That is great that you got your grocery budget even lower. I like having a place that we can all help each other out.

      Delete
  6. Happy Bloggerversary! Hope to see many more frugal adventures in the year to come. I myself only had/have brothers...whoa is me. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't know which is worse, having all sisters or having all brothers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Garden Harvest 2020

Dirt

Welcome to my new blog